Tortosa Area Forum
Help or Advice >> Building, reforming, legalities etc >> connection of water and electric

Message started by dwt111 on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 11:23pm

Title: Re: connection of water and electric
Post by Nigel on Sep 24th, 2016 at 6:40am
For water, which is probably the easier:
- You need to have a pipe from the street to a water meter box, then a pipe from there to the property. If you don't have this then it needs to be installed.
- You need to go to Aqualia which is near Mangrane on the outskirts of Roquetes (signposted Aiguas de Tortosa).
They will send an engineer to inspect the installation and either authorise a connection or inform you of what you need - you may get away with just a pipe going from the meter box to a single tap.
- You pay (from memory) around 130 euros and need to take nie, escritura, bank details.
- Aqualia will then come and fit a water meter.

Electricity is much more complex.
- You can apply for a 'connexion de obras', or work connection. You need to buy a metal box with all the breakers etc. You need documentation with permission from the town hall, plus architects plans plus more documents (I can't remember all of them but the electrician will know). You can then apply to Fecsa for a connection. When the work is completed you can then apply for a proper connection.

- Alternatively use a generator while you are working.

- For a 'proper' connection you need the installation to be complete and done to Spanish electrical standards, a memoria tecnica from a certified electrician, plus the usual nie, bank details, escritura etc. then you can apply to Fecsa for a connection.


Tortosa Area Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.