Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Bank account and NIE numbers (Read 2301 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Bank account and NIE numbers
Apr 6th, 2005 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Firstly: Bank account
You can open a bank account without having a house in Spain - no problem there. Just go to a bank with your passport and proof of address (i.e. bank statement) and that's it - account open in about 1/2 hour - easier than the UK.

Second: NIE
You can't get one without a Spanish address BUT you can get one as soon as you have a pre-contract (even if you haven't signed it) as you then have an official address (make sure the contract is in Spanish, and the 'flavour' of where you are - i.e. Catalan in Catalunya. The Spanish don't like issuing an NIE number to a 'holding' address any more. When you apply you MUST go in person to the police station with your completed application form and passport. They will peer at you and your passport. They will then stamp your form and give you a date when you (or someone on your behalf) can collect your form. In our case it was about 3 weeks but it varies from place to place. When you have this you can buy your house.

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Bank account and NIE numbers
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2005 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
We bought ours without an NIE........ ??

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Bank account and NIE numbers
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 8:15am
Print Post  
We couldn't buy a sofa bed without an NIE so I gave my driving licence number....she seemed quite happy with that,doubt if you could buy a car like that though

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top