Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Advise on buying (Read 5222 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Advise on buying
Apr 6th, 2005 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Hi All
I have recently put a deposit down on a small ruin in the  hills near Roquettes, do you think I need a Lawyer ? if yes can you reccomend a good  english speaking one.
The ruins are very close to a neighbours  store and I can only guess as to were the boundry is!!!!!!!! will this be in the deeds? .
Also have any of you had dealings with architects in the area? as I need ideas ,there are two ruins on the plot and wonder wether to pull them both down and build one, or restore both ? again any ideas appreciated.
Thanks  for any help
Phil Martin Tongue

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Advise on buying
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2005 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil,
I thought long and hard about this one prior to us buying our ruin,the estate agent reckoned we didn't need a lawyer and after talking to a few people we decided to use just the notary.I think if you are buying cash it cuts out a lot of hassle,the only other snag could be searches,which they don't do in spain.In your situation a lawyer would only duplicate the work a notary does.We are currently buying another and again we are not using a lawyer even after talking to one.He said it would take a couple of ours work and would cost 900 euros.I'm not saying don't use one but weigh up the pros and cons
Try this firm,one of the partners is english

http://www.solicitorsinspain.com/Home.aspx?p=Profile

They are in Tarragona,there is another english
speaking one in Tortosa called Ton Batler,I think he charges 1500 euros for conveyancing...

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2005 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
P.S. for experiences with architects and planning see the other site under 'high definition maps'.........

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g319798-a_ff.9381-Tortosa_Catalonia.html

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2005 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks Ian for your reply,another question,I have just found !! myself a pair of large (FREE) Fiberglass insulated water tanks which I am going to use as a cisterna, does anyone know of a local water delivery  truck in/around Tortosa,and also how do they fill the tanks up ,is it straight in, or do you connect to a pipe, hook up ?
Thanks again in advance Phil Tongue

IP Logged

torbon

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil,
Just got back from Tortosa yesterday and in answer to your quest for water......I might be able to help.There is an old man who lives behind the Firestone building near the Jesus lights close to the supermarket,he has a water tanker.Sorry I can't be more precise but if you find out more please post it as I will be needing him in the future

Cheers

Ian

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Hi,
If the ruins are not on the escritura, an architect will go out and photograph and measure the building(s) so that when you go to the notary, they will be registered on your new deeds when they come back in your name. This costs about 140 euros, if you do it after you have bought the land it will cost you about 800 euros. If you have the buildings registered, you wont have any problems proving what was already there before. It amazes me that most estate agents dont tell you this simple piece of information, i am sure the majority of people will pay this for peace of mind.
Hope this helps

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Grin Hi Jools
we did exactly what you said and got a Architect to measure up take(very good pics,a lot better than it realy is!!) pics and describe what was on the plot before we went to sighn,I agree the estate agents were not that helpful with this,but came good in the end,still waiting for final deeds though !!!!should be ready any time nearly a year later!!!!
Thanks for your advise Phil
Skipton
North Yorks

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Dont panic about your new escritura, one of mine took months and months but arrived eventually. We are in Spain and it's all manana, manana, manana but sometimes manana never comes, especially when you are waiting for deliveries to build, when you get here to live, always order your stuff days or weeks b4 you actually want it!!!!!!
Glad it all went ok.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top