Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
D- Day To Purchase (Read 2169 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

D- Day To Purchase
Apr 25th, 2005 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Hi all
Well I am going over to Spain in a couple of weeks to hopefuly complete on the puchase of my small ruins !!!!!I must say I am a little worried as I have Not got a lawyer,and i am having to go on my own, the price seems to have risen ? due to me wanting the ruins put on the deeds has anyone had this happen to them ? also I am hoping to pay everything on the day,and was told that I would be expected to pay taxes,notaries fees etc  in cash,which as long as I get a bill dont mind too much, but seems a bit dodgy !! is it easy to get your money/cheaques out of a Spanish bank as I was hoping to get cash plus a cheaque on the day any advise appreciated.
All the best Phil Martin  Undecided

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: D- Day To Purchase
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2005 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Hi Phil,We did exactly the same in Feb,no lawyer,probably a good idea as the notary seems to do it all,no problems as of yet.......The extra price to put the ruins on the deeds is probably the charge for the local architect to photograph the ruins,take measurements etc.etc and sign the paperwork,ours wasn't signed so we had to go back a month later to recomplete,it was an oversight by all concerned.As long as you have about 10% extra of the total price for taxes and notary fees you should have enough. Cheque and cash payment is a done thing,it can save you on taxes,if you know what I mean...it does sound a bit dodgy but it does work and seems all to easy.Most people get some sort of rebate when you pick up the completed deeds a few months down the line.If you are  buying of a non resident,as we are this time,the notary told us we had to pay a 5% tax on behalf of the vendor,so the total amount  was altered to allow for this,check this with your agent or better still check it with your notary just to be on the safe side.
If you are using a currency firm to change your sterling into euros,open accounts with two firms and play them off each against themselves in a sort of dutch auction,we saved over £800 in half an hour on a 40,000 euro deal.We are due to purchase another property very soon and I am just in the process of doing the same again.It's fun and well worth it.
For money withdrawals from your spanish bank,it is well worth giving them a few days notice so they can order the money(cash).The frightening bit is wondering around with a bag full of euros,if you have a pulse you'll have sweaty palms and a dry mouth........Keep us posted,we are over from the 23rd,if you're there we can meet up.

IP Logged

cazzy
Ex Member

Re: D- Day To Purchase
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2005 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil,
No need for lawyer, Natario does all. Check the deeds to see if the ruins have been put on before paying extra money! Ask for a copy by mail if need be. If you have a bank account here in Spain, leave at least 10% of the purchase cost in the account and give the account number to the notario and he or she will have it taken out and they will notify you when they have done through the bank, This is normal and safe! You can pay all in cash to the owner on the day, as cheques cost money to have made up. Hope this has helped!
Caz....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top