Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
From one 'Nige' to another (Read 2426 times)
nige
Ex Member

From one 'Nige' to another
Aug 19th, 2005 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Hello Nigel and the members of this forum.

I thought I'd introduce myself to you, my name is also Nige and I and my partner Jackie have lived in Spain for 6 years now, firstly in Torrevieja for a year and then we moved south down to Almeria province where we have lived ever since.

The reason I've joined this particular forum is because we are seriously concidering another move, this time to your area. I have so many questions I'd like to ask but I think I'd better string them out a little  Grin

I'll start with this one regarding the weather, is the climate in your area very different to the one we have here? For instance, our summers are scorchingly hot (Humid at the moment), very little rain in the winter months and the temperature rarely drops below zero, if it does, it's only for a couple of nights. What are the summers and winters like in Tortosa?
Best wishes,
Nige

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: From one 'Nige' to another
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2005 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Nige,

welcome to the forum!  Well, to answer your first question...
My parents live in the Costa Blanca near Torrevieja, and have done so for the last 12 years.  We have visited them regularly during that time (we were there 2 weeks ago).  We find it very hot and humid there - most unpleasant!  I think the temperature is maybe 1-3 degrees hotter but the humidity is much higher and that's what makes it miserable.

I can't comment too much on the winters as we have only been here since April, but we were here on and off last winter (September, December, February and March) and it was pleasant enough ranging from shorts and T shirt to Jeans and T shirt.

They did have snow here though for the first time since 1964, then it settled and it hasn't done that for over 70 years!

This summer it has reached 40 degrees a few times but generally it seems to be between 25 at night and 36 in the day.

The landscape is much greener than the Costa Blanca as there is rain here from time to time during the summer (we have had a few big thunder storms but only in the late afternoon/evenings).

Hope this helps,

Nigel

IP Logged

nige
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2005 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your reply Nigel,
Just what I hoped you'd say as folk down here reckon it's much colder and wetter up there Grin We will be looking to buy some land very close to the Ebro, if possible, water frontage as I'm a keen ex-fisherman. More questions later  Grin
Nige

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2005 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
If you like fishing then take a look at http://www.ntpworld.co.uk/spain/catfish.htm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top