Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
River flooding (Read 2159 times)
nige
Ex Member

River flooding
Aug 22nd, 2005 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I wonder if anyone can tell me if the Ebro ever floods? I'm concidering buying some riverside land (you can tell I'm a fisherman  Grin ) And the thoughts just entered my head, what with the problems England has started to get.
Nige

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: River flooding
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Hi Nige
I'd play it safe and take up bird watching.....
Seriously though,river side land land is getting thin on the ground and as such attracts a premium but the system of dams and irrigaton channels in place along the Ebro should prevent serious flooding.The river levels do rise and fall slightly,more noticably up river but this is controlled.
Just to throw a dampener on things,have you thought about the mozzies,flies and all the other winged devils that frequent the river bank.......we've timed it and we get about 15 seconds of G & T time before the white flags go up and we bid a hasty retreat............

IP Logged

nige
Ex Member

Re: River flooding
Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Hmmmm, that certainly is something to think about....I'd forgotton about Mozzies...Now I'm going to have to investigate a bit further, although I'm still determined to get a place within easy striking distance of the river. Thanks for that, you've given me something to ponder over.
Best wishes,
Nige

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top