Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 tradesmen in tortosa (Read 7060 times)
Angela Lurring

tradesmen in tortosa
Sep 7th, 2005 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Does anyone know any English speaking tradesmen near Tortosa? We have bought a finca near Aldover which has no building but we have applied for permission to build an almacen of 40m2 on two levels. So we need all types of tradesmen to build it for for us.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: tradesmen in tortosa
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2005 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Hi Angela,

in a word - yes.  I work with another English person and we do electrical (including solar) and plumbing. I also work with an English builder who is currently renovating a finca near Miravet.

If you want to discuss anything then you can contact me via email nigel@ntpworld.co.uk or via phone 02076177822 (it's a UK number) or mobile 0034620353138

Nigel

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2005 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
hello Nigel
It's great to hear from English speaking builders. We are hoping to build an almacen of 80 m2 on two floors. How much do you think it would cost per square metre to build from scratch?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2005 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,

the cost for a new build to finished (i.e. plumbed, electrics, kitchen units, bathroom, tiled floors and walls where needed and decorated) is between 800 and 1000 euros per square meter.  This is a guide price and it obviously depends on the final finishing that you want and your specification.

Hope this is helpful.

Nigel

IP Logged

ray
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2005 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
just read your posting re builders,if you are not already fixed up we can do the complete job start to finish, we are currently working in ampolla if you want to see what we are capable of,give me a ring or e mail if interested.

regards
ray

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2005 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Ray
It's good to hear from an English-speaking builder. Can you give us a quote for building an "Almacen" of 80 square metres?
Thanks
Angela and john

IP Logged

ray
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2005 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
dear angela

thanks for your reply, the costs vary depending on type of windows,doors,fitments  etc you require in your almacen! a basic price would be about 56000 euros, remember you may need a septic tank if nothing exists at present,also a housing for generator etc if you are not on mains.

if you have any drawings we could give you a definitive cost,or we could meet on site to tell us your requirements,we are near to you on ajob in ampolla at the moment so it would be easy for us to meet if this would help.

regards  ray

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2005 at 1:00am
Print Post  
That sounds a very good price,Ray. Does that include kitchen, bathroom, tiles etc. ? Yes we do need a septic tank, generator house etc.
Do you have a need for a digger driver as my son-in - law is a digger driver and he wants to come with us to Spain.

IP Logged

ray
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2005 at 1:11am
Print Post  
hi,
thanks for reply.yes the price includes for basic kitchen,bathroom etc,septic tank,generator housing and equipment are extra,you can buy these yourself and we install or we can do the whole thing for you.

yes we would need jcb,if u can supply, we can reduce the cost accordingly.

regards

ray

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2005 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a digger and other equipment in Tortosa?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2005 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Hi,

yes it is.  I know of one in Bitem (an Englishman) and two near Raval de Crist - one Spanish and one English.

I'm sure there are others too as there seems to be no shortage of machines around!

There is an English business based in Amposta that has expanded and do sometimes need qualified drivers. I don't know them personally but I've been told that they do advertise in Catalunya Life magazine so you might be able to find them in that.

Nigel

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Hi Nigel
Thanks for the reply. We are coming over from 16th to 23rd November and we would like to rent a digger to put  a septic tank in. My son-in-law is a digger driver and he can put it in. Where would we buy a septic tank? We will probably see you as my sister is staying with you.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #12 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Hi all does anyone have the contact details for the english  digger driver in Raval de Crist .
Thanks Phil

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top