Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Building/Local laws/Costs (Read 2960 times)
nige
Ex Member

Building/Local laws/Costs
Sep 10th, 2005 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I've been reading with interest all the topics on building in general but I have a couple of questions to ask if anyone can help.

I've already been in contact with a couple of agents in the general Tortosa area regarding land purchase and very soon we'll be having a drive up there from Almeria to have a look-see. I would have loved to be able to purchase a nice chunk close to the river as I'm a fisherman, but it's out of the question due simply to the price. It looks like settling for some land a lttle further away. My budget purely for the land is about 30k euros and I've seen on the net many chunks that fit this range, some of less than an acre and others of 15 hectares or more.

My first question is; What is the likelihood of being granted planning permission on a new build bungalow style house, or, if a ruin were already on site, would I be allowed to refurb and also extend it? I'm looking eventually to have a house for ourselves but also an attached or detached casita for guests.

Secondly, I notice that new build costs in the Tortosa area are very similar to down here on the costa's, 800 - 1000 euros m2, would it be better value for money to have a new build or to refurb and extend an existing finca/ruin?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Nige

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Building/Local laws/Costs
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2005 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Hi Nige  ( nice banjo...)
intersting questions that can't really be answered truthfully.Each Village/Town/area will have it's own rules and regulations so there is no general rule of thumb.You are always better to bu a ruin,at least that way you have a pretty good chance of refurbishing or rebuilding without to much trouble.
Land on it's own is different,the local ajuntaments in each village are clamping down as they see the brits coming over and building whatever wherever without P/P although these rules are set in concrete they do bend........a quote from a local architect.Building an Almecan is a way around this but you will need to speak to the architect.
Secondly,not to sure about the prices quoted /m2 sounds a bit excessive to me,even for the costas,but I will stand corrected,I've certainly been quoted cheaper.
Lastly,if you're looking for land or property give this guy a call  www.bonaterraproperties.com ; .He has some good land and properties,his name is Franc,he's local,he's Catalan,he speaks pretty good english and he DOES know all the right people and he's a good laugh and NO I'm not on commision but mention Ian and Steph,it'll be worth a drink to me......He will probably take his time replying but keep trying....
Ian

IP Logged

nige
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2005 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Hi Ian,
Thanks for your informative reply, yes, it is a nice 'Jo' isn't it? I have 2 of them, plus 3 guitars! Anyway, when I quoted the building costs, it was only because I saw them stated on this forum, I too thought it was a bit excessive for your area. Where we live in Almeria, I would say the average for a new build is 800 per m2 and on the coast 1000 per m2. This price is double what it was 5 years ago and now Almeria province, although it used to be one of the cheaper areas, is up with the likes of Alicante/Torrevieja now, supply and demand rule here, if the Brits will pay the price, we'll charge it, is the general Spanish outlook. Is an Alcemen a Nave? What we call a tractor shed/agricultural building?
I'm going to have to do some pretty hard thinking about what to do for the best, it's a straight 5 hour motorway drive from here so it's not a day out. We intend coming up shortly for a few days anyway. Do you know anything about internet reception? I have 2 systems presently, one is Avired (Iberbanda) with a phone, and the other is a community type thing coming from a satellite, does Avired operate in your area and if so, what area is best to buy a place with a good possibility of reception?
Many thanks,
Nige

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I live quite near the river Ebro, and a friend of mine is selling 3 hectares with a mobile home on for 30k euros, only 10 minutes from the river with good access. He is building a casa rural on another finca close to this one. If you want to look at it go onto www.libercasa.co.uk and search for Corbera d'Ebre or Benissanet and it should come up
Hope this helps

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top