Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Introduction and some Questions (Read 2008 times)
Jurgen-Ingrid
Ex Member

Introduction and some Questions
Nov 15th, 2005 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Hi we're Jurgen&Ingrid a dutch couple of 38/34.
I'm a metalman (welder/goldsmith/apprentice blacksmith), Ingrid is a chemistry teacher at an international school.
We've been thinking about moving to spain for a while now and last summer went to the Tortosa area to check it out.
We liked what we saw so now whe're looking for a finca in the Tivenis/Bitem area.
I have some questions for the experienced Tortosa area residents.
Do you think we would have a big problem finding a job?
We are interested in buying a 1-5 hectare finca with a ruin or small building, for under 30.000euros.
Will it be a problem to get a permit for renovation/extension?
Can anyone recommend a real estate agent?
Does anyone allready living in Tivenys/Bitem have any usefull info for us?
We will problably be in the area next spring to see some agents.
Anyone know of a finca in the area for sale?
We know there are a bunch of brits living in the area, are there also dutch people living there, and could we meet for a talk when we're there?
so... tnx for now and big thanks for any1 answering some of our questions
Greetings,
Jur&Inkie

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Introduction and some Questions
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Hi Both,
I have sent you an instant message

Ian.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: Introduction and some Questions
Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Hi Jurgen and Ingrid,
If you look on www.libercasa.com and search for Tivenys, i have advertised some properties for local people without them using estate agents because of the large commissions they add onto the price. I actually live further up in the hills in Corbera d'Ebre, but a really nice Dutch guy called Peter is reforming a house on his finca to use it as a casa rural. If you speak Spanish or Catalan, you should'nt have a problem finding work.
When you come over i'm sure Peter wont mind you going to look at his place, and he was a constructor in Holland, so he can give you lots of useful information. I know prople in Tivenys who were allowed to double the size of the house on their finca, which is pretty good compared to some villages.
Hope all this helps.
Julie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top