Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Wells / Bore holes, how? (Read 3842 times)
peteandelly
Ex Member

Wells / Bore holes, how?
Mar 12th, 2006 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Does anybody know how to find out about having a bore hole or well dug? how much does it cost, and how can you find out if there is water under your land?
I have heard so many different stories on the costs which have put me off investigating further, but thought I would have one more try.
Any advice would be helpful, and I am sure others would be interested. ???

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Re: Wells / Bore holes, how?
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
There is a man based in Amettla who does bore holes for water, his company is called Aragonesa De Sondeos Y Fluidos, S.L. his number is 977 456 679.
Or you can contact him via his daughter Maria Ortoneda who speaks very good english, her number is 977456 679.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Funnily enough, when I was at the Olive oil fiesta in Jesús a couple of weeks ago, one of the exhibitors was a company called 'Aragonesa de Sondeos y Fluidos, S.L.' and they do bore holes for wells. It's the same one in L'Ametlla de Mar as mentioned above.

I had a chat to the lady on the stand as I had heard all sorts as well ('scuse the pun), everything from 20 euros a meter (estate agent talk Smiley) to 150 euros a meter (pessimists!).

Anyway,  she told me that a typical price is 80 euros a meter.  This includes the lining (normally a steel tube) but doesn't include the pump etc..

Obviously it depends on the type of soil/rock you have but this seems a good guide price.

You can contact them on:
977 456 679, Fax: 977 456 973 or mobile (which she said is best) 630 875 430

Hope this helps.

Nigel

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
I'd agree with Nigel on that one,we've been given quotes on about 100 euros/metre.I suppose you have to ask yourself,if you build a cysterna,how many fills at about 100 euros per tanker load will you have to use before the well would have paid for itself,(at 2 or 3 fills per year I'd have been pushing up daisys for a long time before I saw a return....)are you using the well for irrigation or just personal use and will it add value to the property and can a tanker get to your property??.

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 10:52am
Print Post  
MMmmm, The buck doesn´t stop there.....
If you are on a rural property like us , and you decide to do a well, you are looking at about 10K final price. Pump, pipes, the whole lot........BUT If you go for a elctric pump, you need a generator that can pull the bloody thing. Taking in consideration where your water table lies , you can drop down as-much as 300m , no probplem. My point is , when you have found water, you need to get it to the surface and that costs money. If you have an electrical system, you need to power it all and that would consume more electric than is available in most places, so you need a generator. You might even need something as big as 20Kva gene, MAJOR heavy on diesel.......

Way-up your options. Your man in Jesus delivers a tanker load of water for 75 euros. We have 2 cisternas, a small one and a 30 000 ltr one. Now , I talk under correction but the tanker load is about 15-20 000ltr??? Somebody might correct me pls. but this works much better for us as a household. 5 People will use a 30 000ltr water reserve in about 1-3 months.

All of the above was based on what we as a household would use and probaly why we will not be investing in a well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top