Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
English speaking dentist (Read 5714 times)
stuandeve
Ex Member

English speaking dentist
Apr 25th, 2006 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
There is an english speaking dentist near the bank in the road behind Lidl. Her name is Sandra, and she is very good. I've had 2 pain free extractions there. Phone number is 977 504 124

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Re: English speaking dentist
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
I needed a extraction last week 20.10.07 Lips Sealed I ran this number and no English Speaking assistance. So in severe pain Cry, paid a visit, no Sandra Sad,,, she has now left ! Could not book me in for 2 weeks. I however located Sandra the dentist  at the excellent nearby English Speaking Vets * (Carlos) opposite Asia back of Lildls. She was unable to remove my tooth. Cry

The followiing day still in severe pain (Im a bloke we arent built for pain  Cry )  I went to Amposta to the dentists next to the Mercadona S/market with my son who is fluent in Catalan, no joy 1 to 3 weeks for an appointment.  Angry

Then by accident we spotted one at the crossroads just after the old metal bridge on the corner of the Pedestrianised area of Amposta Centre. Went in, up the stairs explained my predicament. was booked in the following morning 10 am. Had a full rotational mouth x ray with the latest equipment 30 minutes later pain free extraction and a course of antibiotics and pain killers. Didnt speak much english but when youve got severe tooth ache who cares.  Grin

I cant believe that no matter how much pain you are in the receptionists seemed oblivious to your plight,  Angrythere fore I reccomend if your in need of immediate dentristry try this practice, take a friend who can speak catalan or Spanish there details are

Severino Valmana, C/. Sant Josep, 10  Tel 977 70 58 29. Amposta  Cool Cool Cool Cool Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you having difficulty finding them, get to the old metal bridge walk in to town away from the river and you will come to the main road crossroad . Look over the crossroads slightly to your right and you will see a small door with a blue sign. Look across on to the pedestrian area look up and to your right you will see a large blue dentist sign. Hope this helps  if you need a good dentist ! PS it cost 100 euros for xrays and extraction ! worth every cent ! Smiley

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 8:51am
Print Post  
So are there no English speaking dentists in Tortosa.........I cant wait 3 bloody weeks and all my pliers are rusty.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I've got a very heavy door and a strong peice of string!!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 11:42am
Print Post  
EXcellent dentist probably the same office mentioned above.  The guy is called Josep I think but don't know the name of the woman.  Both have more than adequate English.  Bit pricey but that's probably the norm here.
Fmom the Corona Hotel roundabout, walking towards the old bridge.  Turn left at Lidl and the office is a few doors up on the left.  Ring the bell if nobody on reception.  Receptionist doesn't have good English but you'll get sorted.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that but.......panic over.6.15 (Spanish time) one successful extraction.Sheer bliss.I didn“t realise I could get both hands in my mouth at once.........
I am now available for fillings and root canal work all at reasonable rates.

IP Logged

susanita

Ā”Ole!

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
We use the dentist mentioned below in Tortosa.  The receptionists don't speak much English but there are a couple of dentists at the clinic who speak  excellent English (they also do a good job!)  Smiley

Doctor Llorens Clinica Dental
Calle de los Corts Catalanes, 2, 43500 Tortosa, Spain
977 44 66 17‎

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top