Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Residensia (Read 10024 times)
stuandeve
Ex Member

Residensia
Jul 17th, 2006 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hi Everyone,
Does anybody know where we can get an application form to apply for residensia?
I went to the police station in Tortosa this morning. (The one where you get your NIE from,) And the guy there said we have to go to Tarragona to get it. So does that mean a trip to Tarragona to get the form, then another trip to hand it in, then a third trip to collect it!!

IP Logged

lilly53
Ex Member

Re: Residencia
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2006 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Hi,

In a word 'Yes'

Get a gestoria to do it ,it isn't expensive and much less stressful.

Let me know if you need the name and address of one that will do it for you.

IP Logged

Betti
Ex Member

Re: Residensia
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 8:31am
Print Post  
I have this form in PDF format. How can I attach PDF file to my message?

IP Logged

stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Hi Lilly,
Yes please, I would love the name and address of a gestonia. Do you know one that speaks English?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2006 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I have this form in PDF format. How can I attach PDF file to my message?

Hi Betty,
what is the number of the form (EX- something) - most forms can be obtained from the 'Ministerio del Interior' website - http://www.mir.es - just put in the form number in the box at the top right that says 'Introduzca su búsqueda' and click on the '>'.

'Stuandeve' just out of curiosity, what do you need a residencia for?  It's not needed if you are a citizen of any of the EU countries or Switzerland.. If your Spanish is up to it the information can be found here.. http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/extranje/regimen_comunitario/residencia.html

Nigel

IP Logged

stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Hi Nigel, I was told by the woman in the social security office that I needed "residencia" in order to continue getting free health care and free prescriptions, as I am retired, and also have to take quite a lot of medication everyday. (Oh the joys of getting old!)   I will try the link you sent. Thanks .                        Yvonne

IP Logged

Betti
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Quote:

Hi Betty,
what is the number of the form (EX- something) - most forms can be obtained from the 'Ministerio del Interior' website - http://www.mir.es - just put in the form number in the box at the top right that says 'Introduzca su búsqueda' and click on the '>'.

Nigel

Nigel,
The form number is EX - 16. I probably found it on the same web... don't remember Embarrassed

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Hi Yvonne

I don't know about it being correct that residencia is needed to get free prescriptions and health care, but we did have to show our application for residencia when we went to INSS to register our froms from England.  I also understand that there are occasions when you might have to provide ID and proof of your Spanish address eg traffic police, and the residencia card serves this purpose, which your passport would not do.  It is also a f*g having to carry your passport all the time in order to provide ID when required, as not everyone is happy to accept your driving licence as proof.

Tony

IP Logged

stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Hi Tony,  So do you have your residensia? How long did it take? And I agree, its a real pain having to carry a passport around, though not quite so bad for us girls, as we have handbags!!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Hi Yvonne

Yes, we have our residencias.  We finally picked them up on Monday, having applied just before Christmas.  The gestor told us it would take Tarragona about a month to process, but it took much longer.  When I checked with him why it was taking so long it transpried from his conversations with Tarragona that they are absolutely snowed under with applications at the present time from new members of the EU (Slovaks etc ?).  Then when we had received confirmation we had to go to the police station to make an appointment for our finger prints to be taken.  We than had to wait a further 45 days before they were finally issued.

One thing though is that the gestor was in no hurry to charge for his services.  Although all he does is complete the forms and take them to Tarragona is was about 3 months before he billed us.

Tony

IP Logged

stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Hi Tony,

As a matter of interest, how much did the Gestor charge you? And was this the guy in Jesus? And what paperwork did you have to supply?

Regards

Yvonne

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Hi Yvonne

As far as I remember I think that he charge us around 120 - 140E, which I thought was well worth every penny as it saved us at least 2 drive to Tarragona as well as trying to find the place when we got there.  Yes, it was the one in Jesus.  Paperwork that he required, as far as I can remember was passports, birth and marriage certificates, certificate of impardament.  There may be others, but he will tell you what he needs.

Tony

IP Logged

nicson
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone.

What are the pro's and con's of applying for residencia or living as a non-resident?
        What happens if you are asked by  'one of the many powers that be' for your ID  and for some reason you don't have it with you maybe you are out for a jog, or a walk in my case, as going for a walk with your passport in your pocket is sometimes not a good idea!
         Excellent Forum by the way, very informative, sometimes amusing and sometimes slightly worrying but usually for good reasons.

Thanks, Nick.

IP Logged

andmac
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hello everyone.

What are the pro's and con's of applying for residencia or living as a non-resident?
        What happens if you are asked by  'one of the many powers that be' for your ID  and for some reason you don't have it with you maybe you are out for a jog, or a walk in my case, as going for a walk with your passport in your pocket is sometimes not a good idea!
         Excellent Forum by the way, very informative, sometimes amusing and sometimes slightly worrying but usually for good reasons.

Thanks, Nick.

Hi Nicson,

You legally need to be registered as living here if you do live here. We have got on to the Padron at our town hall and been to the police for the NIE / Residencia carry on - still waiting for stuff to come through.
At least by getting the Padron, our town can pull down funding for the three of us to improve our public services. The NIE is needed for all financial matters - banking, buying a car etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top