Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 solicitor (Read 6620 times)
flintstones
Ex Member

solicitor
Sep 28th, 2006 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Has anyone a recommendation for a solicitor (preferrably Who speaks some English) who would do the transfer of our car from English over to Spanish plates for us.??

Liz

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: solicitor
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Hi Liz,

You dont need a solicitor to do this for you, they would charge you a fortune. I used a Gestor, they didn't speak any English, but i just took all my documents for my car, and said "quiero cambiar matriculo".

I sure someone on here might know one who speaks English, have you tried looking through the old postings, i seem to remember something similar.

Good luck

Jools

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
hi jools  thanks for the advice we will try a gestor, Just as a matter of interest, how long does it take to get the vehicle regesterd? and could you possibly give me an indication of cost?

many thanks
Liz .

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
there is a nice young lady who speaks a bit of english by the roundabout on the t302 who does a lot of soliciting.
she seems to charge 15 euros for almost anything, or so i've been told.  scratch scratch

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Ha Ha.....If that's the one dancing around with her dress over her head we passed at the Reus airport roundabout,she had a lovely smile,I think she was negotiating a price with the local gendarmarie and a tranny van full of builders though,she knows nothing about re registering cars,trust me.....

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Liz

The gestor, Chico, on the triangle at Jesus speaks English and he is very helpful.
I don't know how much he charges for changing the plates, but we thought he was very reasonable when he did our residencia.

Cheers

Tony

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2006 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Aaa,Nobrot,see you tried aswell hey???? Back to reality. Expect topay around 700 euro. Near the Corona roundabout is an RAC or something (talking under correction) but if you were to join them they would sort you car for that price, give or take a couple of euro. Sorry ,but it is not a cheap exercise

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2006 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Hi Liz,

First they make you go for an engineers report, which cost me 125 euros. All he does is checks that the chassis number is the same on the engine, as is on the log book, and basically declares that the car is worthy for Spanish roads! Ironic really when you look at some of the local cars, eh?

Cant remember the exact order of things, but you also have to have a Spanish ITV (MOT) They charge you import tax on the car, if you haven't already applied for something in the UK, not sure what it was, because i hadn't done that either!
They send all the documents, or take them to somewhere in Tarragona i think, then when they come back you have to have your new registration plates made at a local garage.

Everything added together, i think was around the 650 euros mark, and took about 1 month.

Regards

Jools

I also changed my driving license over to Spanish.

IP Logged

stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2006 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Hi Jools, How did you change your driving license over to a spainish one?

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2006 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
When i was changing the car registration plates over from UK to Spanish ones, i asked the Gestor who was handling it all for me to do it at the same time.
She did all the paperwork etc, so i dont actually know what you have to do, except obviously relinquish your British license.

Sorry cant be more precise, but if you ask a Gestor they will know.

Regards

Jools

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2006 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
From what I was told by one of the driving schools in Tortosa, all you need to do is take your UK licence and a photograph to one of the government departments in Tarragona (I've got the name on a piece of paper somewhere i'm sure Smiley) and then they will issue you with a Spanish licence.

One point to be aware of though.  A Spanish licence is NOT identical in the vehicles you can drive to a UK licence.  Specifically, a UK licence allows you to drive a lorry up to 7.5 tonnes on a standard licence (ideal for moving home if you don't have too much junk!).  A Spanish licence does NOT include this - I think the maximum you can drive is up to 3.5 tonnes (I'm sure someone who has a Spanish licence can confirm this).

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top