Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Solicitor required (Read 38337 times)
Farway
Ex Member

Solicitor required
Nov 16th, 2006 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Afternoon.
Looking for a slicitor or jestor or agency that deals with Spanish immigration issues........
Any ideas pls???

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: Solicitor required
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Hi
Try the gestor, Chico on the triangle off the main road as you turn into Jesus.
He speaks English, which is one hell of a help if your Spanish is not up to scratch.
Have mentioned him before on the Forum.
Tony

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Hi, can you give us the telephone number of the English-speaking solicitor please?

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 9:24am
Print Post  
We have been pleased with the service and advice provided by Ton Batlle Artal in Tarragona (I think) . All contact has been by email in good English and he is doing our house purchase at a fixed price. PM me for an email address.

PB

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Thanks but we need an English-speaking solicitor in Tortosa. Does anyone know one?

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
I might be mistaken but I think Ton Batlle either is based or has an office in Tortosa.
Does your solicitor have to definately be in Tortosa,if not try these

www.solicitorsinspain.com

one of the partners is English.

IP Logged

dryrot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
Afternoon.
Looking for a slicitor or jestor or agency that deals with Spanish immigration issues........
Any ideas pls???

avoid joan navarro cabrera of 24 sant blai. He is a liar a cheat and a thief . I have denounced him and a judge is now looking at it.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
What process do you go through to denounce someone who has caused you grief and great expense??? What happens to the person you denounce??

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
To denounce someone you go to to your local police station (in our case Tortosa) and denounce them there.  In Tortosa there is a room through the main door and off to the right (don't worry about the queues they are for registrations) - just go right in.  There is a door with 'Denuncias' on it - knock and someone will answer - you may need to wait if they are busy.

You make a statement (in Spanish) which they write down, print out - you sign, they sign and you get a copy which includes a reference number should you need to refer back to it.

That's basically it - after that I guess you take it to a solicitor to do whatever you or he deems is necessary. If the matter is criminal then the police will (read should/might) follow it up, if it's civil then it's probably up to you.

Nigel

IP Logged

sabineopp
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Ton Battle does not have an office in Tortosa. His office is in Tarragona. He is a partner in a large solicitors' practice called AGL. It is well worth driving to Tarragona and not be too fidgety with someone being based in Tortosa as to my knowledge there isn't a good English speaking solicitor around here. I can recommend Ton wholeheartedly. We have used him in the past and are still seeking his advice on other matters.

www.solicitorsinspain.com is a different practice in Tarragona. The English solicitor there needs somewhat getting used to and you are better off with the Spanish partner. Jonathan himself can be rather abrupt and also he is massively busy and sometimes not communicating. He does know the Spanish legal system inside out though and speaks perfect Catalan!

IP Logged

Barbara
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I might be mistaken but I think Ton Batlle either is based or has an office in Tortosa.
Does your solicitor have to definately be in Tortosa,if not try these

www.solicitorsinspain.com

one of the partners is English.

IP Logged

Barbara
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
We used Eshkeri & Grau and found them wanting in many areas.  Cost us a lot of money and worry as they seemed more interested in getting more business from the other party (Catalan)  Money went missing and to this day do not know where it is or where it went.  I would not use them again.  Just be careful when Black money is involved.

IP Logged

Barbara
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Hi I have tried to email Ton Battle at AGL but my emails are returned to me.  As I am in the UK at the moment I cannot drive there.  When I return to Spain I don't fancy driving to Tarragona if the Company has closed.  Has anybody any uptodate information please.
Thanks

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #13 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Hi,
This is the e.mail address for Ton Batlle who speaks perfect English, is reliable and very helpful.
The office of AGL, is in Tarragona, but sometimes he comes out to Tortosa, to see clients, go to Notary offices etc.
tbatlle@agl.es
Any problem I will get in contact with him on your behalf, if you wish.

IP Logged

Barbara
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Hi that was a quick answer didn't expect that.  I do need to contact him but cannot understan about the emails even my son tried as he is at work today and his mail was returned.  Does everything shut off on a Saturday?  I know strange things happen in Espana.  I DO need to contact him but how do we do it should I put my details on the forum?
Thanks
B

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top