Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Estate agents (Read 4459 times)
calum
Ex Member

Estate agents
Dec 11th, 2006 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
hi , after looking at the bewildering amount of properties for sale and the varying degrees of efficiency in replying to emails I've noticed an agent who is offering a property search package for 500 euros [ deductible from sale]... has anyone used a service rather than hiking around estate agents ? also are they working for the purchaser or the vendor [ or both], seems that if they're working for both you're not going to get far in the way of reduction on the price, also do house prices include the agent fees or are thy added on ? cheers in advance calum
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2006 at 5:50pm by Nigel »  

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Re: Estate agents
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Hi Calum,

Iīm afraid this agent asks 500 euro for something any other agent will give you for free. Technicaly the agent is working for the seller and the seller will pay the agent fees. You just pay the asked (or better: negotiated) price. After the sale you will also pay about 10% taxes and notary-costs.

Any agent wants to search a property for you, because he will negotiate his commission with the seller. Sometimes the agent has exlusive rights to sell a property but often more agents can sell you the same property (and also agains different prices).

If your demands are clear and detailed, and the agent is good, you will reduce the time driving around and visit all kinds of propertys you donīt like. But better take your time because there are a lot of propertys for sale and a lot of bad agents. And donīt believe anyone who tell you itīs a booming market and you have to hurry.

Good luck with your search,
Mark

IP Logged

calum
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
hi mark , yeah I take your point , I was vaguely tempted out of laziness , I've been web searching for a while now and the amount of properties is pretty bewildering, I've been in France recently viewing houses and not a single agent I was booked with bothered to tell me that at least one but sometimes all houses I was looking at had actually been sold and would we care to look at others [ over budget of course]....sort of praying that sort of stuff doesn't go on in spain , coming over for another look in January..regards

IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Hi Calum
I have met with this guy you speak of twice on viewings.  He also offered me the same deal - 500 euro for a personalised service. Basically, he said that this would allow him more time to personally photograph any properties he thought would be suitable for us.  However, his website does contain many pictures of properties and we felt that this was not worth the money, as we would still need to view any potential properties he matched with us.  Also, most of the properties he has for sale are in need of major work - not good if you're looking for something to live in straight away. you can PM me for more details if you like.
Haze

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
We used 'Lower Ebro Properties' (there is an advert on this website) after she was recommended to us and she was fantastic.  Vanessa is English and has lived in the Tortosa area for many years, she is one of the original English who discovered the area.
Give her a try!

Debbie
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2006 at 5:49pm by Nigel »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top