Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
xmas meal (Read 1935 times)
old nelson

The man in black

xmas meal
Jan 2nd, 2007 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I notice that there has been no mention of how the xmas meal went. Was it good,bad, or don't talk about the dead!! Surely by now there needs to be a comment!!

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: xmas meal
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Well....it was a great social event but it won't be held in the same place again. Unfortunately value for money wasn't too good, still now we know..

I (as organiser) ended up with a €150 bill at the end for the 'extras' that people were ordering - i.e. coffees, extra wine, spirits which I have had to go cap in hand to the attendees for - so far I've only recovered around €100 of it - everyone there has been emailed about it and those who haven't admitted to what they had know who they are!

A shame really - next year (IF we organise one) it will be different.....

Nigel

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Sounds to me you needed a "Whip" at the start then there would have been no shortfall and therefore no problem to pay bill, it should be no suprise to anyone attending  that they pay for extra drinks etc, I hope you get more contributions to make up the shortfall and their thanks for bridging the gap.

IP Logged

seamonkey
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Hiya

Yes, as a social occasion the meal was fine.  Met some really lovely people and had a good chat. The food was fine but just not enough of it especially considering the high price.  As for only one bottle of wine,between four people and extra for the coffee that was really tight.  no we won't be going there again and will not be recommening it either.  Like Nigel said IF we organise one for next year we will do it a different way so that we don't end up paying the short fall.  I felt we were just ripped off.!
Tracey.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top