Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Winning on Ryanair.............. (Read 2253 times)
roswell
Ex Member

Winning on Ryanair..............
Jan 5th, 2007 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Finally it happened, my number came up on Ryanair's free flights competition

Overcome with joy, scrabbling for words for my acceptance speech, my attention was drawn to the "Enter your credit card details" section of my winners certificate....Oh silly me, of course they want a fiver extra for taking my bags....plus the full  40 odd Euros for all the airport taxes

So, what I really "won" is just the cost of the flight itself, frequently as much as 1c each way, plus, the right to pay  Ryanair for a flight....on days to suit them of course.

The only thing of any use I did discover was that Luton is the last London airport to get fogbound, worth remembering !

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Winning on Ryanair..............
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2007 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Can you save the flight untill the summer,just to be spiteful...??

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
There is no such thing as winning on Ryanair!!!

I have just booked a weekend away in March and was so excited about the 1p flights and knew that even with taxes etc it was a good deal, hurridly booked and forgot to check the times of the flights so I now have to get up at 3.30am!!!  The flight back isn't too bad though but the good news is I might be leaving England at 6 am but will be arriving in Spain early enough to do the shopping, check the house and go for a very long walk and have time for a few glasses (bottles) of vino!

Yippee!!!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Can you save the flight untill the summer,just to be spiteful...??

LOL, no, it is [of course] also restricted to only non weekender days and  flights nobody in their right mind would want to use . . . . 

which brings me to  "forgot to check the times of the flights so I now have to get up at 3.30am!!!".... been there, suffered, now use horrible Luton as by taking the 11am flight it means I look a little less like an extra from a zombie film on arrival, but still manage the shopping, short walk, vino, perfecto...

My version of troublemaking on Ryanair is limited to winding people up ostentatiously unwrapping my cheaper, far tastier Pret a Manger nosh just as they get out the £6.50  "sandwiches" etc. 

Being "nice" to the check in girl has got me let off 3/4/5Kg's worth of excess baggage charges, a week ago at Luton, twice recently at Reus.

3 months ago I succeeded in checking in myself and hold baggage at Reus with only 25 minutes to go before take off by mentioning that I had tried to check in on the internet [not, totally, utterly, strictly true...]  that I had "got some error page" that "I hadnt had time to print out" . . . as soon as the magic word "internet" had been mentioned, the Red Sea parted. There is a ryanair 404 page that tells you to print it out if you get stuck, just telling them  you have seen it strikes abject terror into their cold hearts. Just dont all use it at once     Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top