Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 want to know how to cook that something special (Read 8882 times)
chefman
Ex Member

want to know how to cook that something special
Jan 7th, 2007 at 1:38am
Print Post  
if you need any hints for cooking let me know what your trying to do and i will send you the recipe and instructions regards

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: want to know how to cook that something specia
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
I notice no one has replied to your kind offer! I can' wait to get out to Terra Alta and begin to experiment with all the lovely fresh ingredients. So if I need some tips I will ask once we get onto the internet out there. I'm vege. or rather 'pescatarian' but I have no problem cooking meat for the family (i'm abit odd like that!) Back in the U.K. old 'bootifull' Bernard has been getting over the old bird flu.
Seeing the enormous factory set up where the birds are bred and slaughtered, with slurry and effluent being pumped out was quite revolting.
Do you know if it is possible to purchase organic free range chicken,meat and eggs in the area?
I haven't seen any free range chickens in Spain for years, we have loads round here in North Somerset! I imagine it will start to become more popular but perhaps some of you Finca livers are selling your spare eggs?
By the way 'chefman', I know there are some great restaurants in the area and I highly rate the Catalan cooking but I do think there is room for something abit 'different.' What do you think?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Well interesting comments about poultry.. it's interesting to see that you don't see big chickens in the shops here like you do in the UK - it's actually virtually impossible to get big chickens. Is this because the Spanish don't pump them full of growth hormones and water?

We have also noticed that a home roast chicken not only has much more flavour than the equivalent UK chicken, but we don't get the 1 1/2 inches of water/fat in the roasting tray..

At Christmas - partly due to a translation 'thingy-up' and partly due to Tracey still working in lb and oz (didn't we go metric in 1971?) we ended up with a 15Kg or 33lb (we wanted a 15lb) turkey. Oops. Did you see Mr Bean's christmas - it was about that size!

Anyway, I was expecting this HUGE beast to be dry and tough and to get about a gallon of goo in the tray. It ended up that after 8 hours in the oven (minus legs as there just wasn't room in the oven) we had no more than 1/4" of fat in the tray and it was one of the most tender and moist turkeys I've ever had.

Nigel

IP Logged

chefman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Grin   that long for the turkey..... did you cook it on the b.b.q..... just as well wou took the legs off, in that time it could have run off

IP Logged

Paulo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2007 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
I'm interested in cooking Tuna Pasta bake before next Wednesday coz my friends are leaving. Any help would be appreciated because i've become used to opening cans only. Ta.

IP Logged

chefman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
sorry to miss this, been to the uk, but please keep trying. i wont miss you next time

IP Logged

chefman
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2007 at 10:57am
Print Post  
FOR THE IRISH.....

2 LARGE ONIONS
1LB BACON
1LB COOKED CABBAGE
2LB MASHED POTATO
SALT, PEPPER,LARGE CUP OF OIL
LARGE POT
----------------------------------
1/2 PINT MILK
2 OZ FLOUR
2 OZ BUTTER
PARSLEY
------------------------
MELT BUTTER AND ADD FLOUR AND MIX INTO PASTE. PUT ON STOVE AND ADD MILK SLOWLY AND WHISK ADD PARSLEY AND LET COOK ON LOW HEAT FOR 5 MINS WHISKING FREQUENTLY ADD SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE.
-----------------------------
SAUTE ONION AND BACON IN OIL FOR 3 TO 4 MINUTES AND ADD CABBAGE STIR FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN ADD POTATO. MIX TOGETHER REALLY WELL AND TURN INTO A GREASED OVEN TRAY. COAT WITH A LITTLE EGGWASH AND BAKE IN OVEN AT 160 FOR 30 MINS
SERVE WITH PARSLEY SAUCE.

ANY QUESTIONS GET IN TOUCH

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2007 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
I'm guessing you didn't train in Catalunya chefman?? Cheesy

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2007 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Hey Chefman
Got any recipes for black cocker spaniels   cos i know where to get some cheap Shocked

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

biki
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2007 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Hey Cactus Jack

Plenty of recipes for cheap black cocker spaniels just none for puppies at 250 euros each.(Maybe that is cheap when sabbeco charge 450 euros for them!)
Try pigs feet ,pigs ears or roasted song birds failing that plenty of snails around (really cheap).Human heart a la plancha I am told is good Just have to find a human with heart. Smiley Smiley

Seriously they are too little and sweet at four weeks to consider roasting ...wait a few weeks till they have a bit more meat on them.

Jack will you be adding one to your family?

Biki

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2007 at 10:56am
Print Post  
FOR THE ENGLISH...

COCKER SPANIEL CURRY.

First catch your Cocker Spaniel.

Soften 2 large chopped onions for 20 minutes

Add 5 cloves of garlic, gently fry for another minute
Add 1 tsp Ginger, 1tsp Hot Chilli powder, 2tbsp Mixed Spice, 1tbsp Garam Masala
1 large tin of plum tomatoes
500g fresh boned cubed Spaniel

Simmer for 45 minutes, enjoy....

IP Logged

biki
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2007 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Roswell

WHAT!!! No corriander??????

Please!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2007 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
Roswell

WHAT!!! No corriander??????

Please!

Sorry, shocking and terrible I know, but it is the only thing I cannot get......... Sad

anybody ever found any here  ?

IP Logged

biki
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2007 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Roswell

You can buy fresh corrinder in the shop next to the kebab place in Tortosa is called CILANTRO or it grows really easily in a pot.In the garden or on a window sill.
You can buy packets of seeds at Leroy merlin for 1 euro a packet.It comes up in six days and if you cut it as you need it it will continue to grow for the summer.
Let half go to seed for next year the other half wash chop and freeze for winter.
Cant really make a decent curry without it whatever meat you choose.

Biki

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 29th, 2007 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Steve,Lyn
Have you two lost your marbles,since when do you get Cocker Spaniels going cheap,baby chickens and small song birds maybe,but not Cocker Spaniels.

0IG6UCA27F3P6CA9QDQVDCA7R7D9XCA473IIACAXZEO9KCA96VX2HCA8BC0O8CARXNEKSCAR77V0DCA00CI5YCAEXB5O2CAMCQ3E9CAZP4YRBCA6563G4CADNM30DCAF0ETIVCA2J7I0ZCAOI6HVHCAL62W8I.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top