Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Bank Wanted (Read 7703 times)
Kevin
Ex Member

Bank Wanted
Feb 8th, 2007 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Dear All,

we have recently closed our bank acount with Santander Central Hispano as it was rarely used after buying our finca. It was costing us quite a few euro to keep it running and we felt it woud be best to close it.

Dose anyone know if there is a  Spanish bank current account that is free or cheap to run. It would still be useful even if we only visit  say 4 times per year . Any sugestions would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Kevin and Ruth

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Re: Bank Wanted
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Hi Kevin:  We use (as does half the Brit population here I think) the La Caixa bank over at Sant Llatzer, thats over the railway at the side of the Carrefour, down to the roundabout and turn left....its on the left.  Miguel is the manager there and speaks excellent English, and is really helpful.  I think we pay about 3 uros a month, but its always personal service with no glass partition.

Liz

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Hi

We have our bank account at La Caixa (branch just off the Corona roundabout) and our bank manager is Mateo, again speaks perfect English.  We use our account when we come over (about 6 times a year) and for utility bills etc and, like Liz, our charges are about €30 a year but the service we get is fantastic and far superior to the service we get in England (where we have to phone India to talk to someone!)

Debbie

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Hi.  Like everyone else we use La Caixa, but the branch in Roquetes opposite the Post Office.  The manager there is Andreu and a more helpful chap you would not expect to find.  I was also impressed yesterday when he turned up for the funeral of Susanne - I don't think that my bank manager with HSBC would do that.  Again the charges are very cheap, and they also offer the option of a sterling account.

IP Logged

lilly53
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 8:26am
Print Post  
La Caixa La Caixa La Caixa

makes a change from :

Location Location Location

I have been banking with the La Caixa for the last 6 years - excellent service - speaks fluent english - nothing is too much trouble - my branch is also the one near the Corona Hotel - Mateo Pou is the man to ask for - you won't go wrong

Smiley

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 9:40am
Print Post  
La Caxia also, very happy with the Baixada del Pont [at the foot of the bridge in Tortosa]

Frank [Francesco] speaks excellent English and has looked after me far better than any bank back in the UK ever would.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Yes, it's "La Caixa" for me as well.
Nothing is too much trouble for them, and most branches have an English speaking teller.

I have even had Christmas cards from my branch, but we do put a lot of clients their way......................lol

Dont think i would ever get the same service from the "Abbey" in the UK, that's if you can ever speak to an English person on the telephone, i usually get transferred to Lahore!!!!!!

Jools

IP Logged

Kevin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Thank You Everone !

Well La Caxia it is then. God this is a terrific forum !!

Thanks again  and Regards,

Kevin

IP Logged

SabsLW
Ex Member

Re: Bank Wanted - La Caxia still good?
Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Hello all!

Is La Caxia still as good and reasonable as it was back in 2007?

Cheers!

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #9 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I have had no problems with la caixa in Bitem for the last 6 years. However they do charge €2 per month for the account, but considering how helpful they are, its worth every cent.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

SabsLW
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
cactus jack wrote on Aug 3rd, 2010 at 6:17pm:
I have had no problems with la caixa in Bitem for the last 6 years. However they do charge €2 per month for the account, but considering how helpful they are, its worth every cent.

Thank you Cactus
I actually expected to be paying more  Smiley

La Caxia it is!

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #11 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
just looked at my statements on line and its actually €2.50 but i do get interest on credit balances Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top