Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tolls on the Milennium bridge (Read 3054 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Tolls on the Milennium bridge
Apr 1st, 2007 at 12:47am
Print Post  
I just read in the local newspaper that the Ajuntament in Tortosa are planning to put toll booths on the Milennium bridge to help raise the money needed to build the new bridge over the Ebro.

They plan to initially charge €1 each way and are going start building the toll booths at the Tortosa (El Temple) end next month.
Obviously the locals are not happy about this and are planning a petition that they will send to Tarragona.

Anyone heard anything about this? I'm going to enquire at the planning office in Tortosa when I'm there next week so will let you know what I find out.

If you add your views to this post I will print them out and make sure they get included with the petition.

Nigel

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: Tolls on the Milennium bridge
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 9:33am
Print Post  
It strikes me that there has not been a great deal of forethought because all this will do is drive the traffic back into the town so that drivers can use the old bridge in order to avoid the tolls, so causing even more congestion down the Generalitat.  And surely road tolls at a point so close to a traffic island is going to cause one hell of a gridlock especially during the rush hours, when the traffic already gueues back beyond the island by Carrefour.  What great thinking by the powers that be !!

IP Logged

AgentX
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Nice one Nigel! Grin

You can get so relaxed living here you forget what day it is...

My first post to the Forum so hello to everyone.

AgentX (former lurker)

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 8:47am
Print Post  
ok, time to come clean - I hope all who read it enjoyed my April Fools joke!

Nigel

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Good one Nigel.  I think being out here has got my poor old brain out of the English mode of thinking and I had forgotten all about such things as April Fools Day, and putting a toll on the bridge strikes me as something that the Spanish would quite possibly do.

IP Logged

biki
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Nice one Nigel!

Joking aside I think your April fools prank shows how very easy it is to belive misinformation on this site and others. It is important that information is factual .Many people rely on the help and support the forum provides.

So until next April 1st can we keep to FACT and TRUTH not rumour gossip or fantasy.

Thanks everybody for your cooperation.

Biki

IP Logged

elfitis
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2007 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Funny nigel how you "trimmed" my last message on this post.

Was it because of my comment on that unhappy person or was it down to my last comment ?

I wonder  Wink I think i know which.

Never mind !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top