Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
caravan transport (Read 3697 times)
skibob
Ex Member

caravan transport
May 5th, 2007 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Hello, Just moving to the area, and decided to settle up a mountain!  We have a static caravan (28x10) in L'Ampolla, and we need it moving to our site in St LLatzer, Tortosa, has anyone any info- surgestions regarding getting it moved up the mountain, by road or air! Names or phone numbers of transport co that can be recomended, would be useful. Also no elec, water, or telephone, any advice in overcoming these prob would be welcomed, with a can of cold beer ( when we get a fridge). Thanks  Bob.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: caravan transport
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2007 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Hi,
I dont know of anyone else, but Ken from Mora caravans does this sort of thing. We have many clients who stay there for cheap and cheerful accommodation, and i know he moves/digs/builds/stores  all sorts of things, worth a call i suppose.

Their number is 977 400 375

Jools

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2007 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Hi Bob:  Re utilities......Like the rest of us....!!  Gas fridge....solar/wind power/generator,.. water by the tanker load....internet/phone via Mt Caro....its all a learning curve!!! 

Liz

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2007 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Hey Liz,

Was about to offer the exact same advice.. Reckon we'll get a beer? Wink

PG

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2007 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Not until he's bought the gas fridge...!!

IP Logged

sabineopp
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hello, Just moving to the area, and decided to settle up a mountain!  We have a static caravan (28x10) in L'Ampolla, and we need it moving to our site in St LLatzer, Tortosa, has anyone any info- surgestions regarding getting it moved up the mountain, by road or air! Names or phone numbers of transport co that can be recomended, would be useful. Also no elec, water, or telephone, any advice in overcoming these prob would be welcomed, with a can of cold beer ( when we get a fridge). Thanks  Bob.

Bob
Just a thought but you might want to check with the local council about siting your caravan in the mountains,i know that you are allowed to site a mobile home on rural land whilst building works are carried out,but even for this temp use you will need a permit.You may not be aware but there is a major clamp down going on in respect of ileagal building etc (To be fair you generally would not be to supprised if the scotish authorities blue a fuse if a caravan suddenly appeared half way up mnt Ben Nevis) ,eg we have finally recieved PP to reform an old Masia but it has taken nearly two years ,during this process we submitted an application to the forestry dept to clear some encroaching scrub not even pines which we are aware are protected,we duly recieved the permission all was ok,however this still did not prevent the forestry people from rocking up one day to check all is aok.Fine,but we are 6 kms down a bumpy track and CANNOT  be seen from the lane!!!.But they found us no proplem, its all GPS and satelllite maping nowadays. If you already have the permits then fine enjoy,if not a quick reconnoitre now will potentially save some tears later .All the best Gary

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2007 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
I would certainly second what Gary has said re 'permissions'.  We have been very careful to get everything for our mill checked & double-checked  and yet still we find that there is more to be done.  Fencing permits are next.  The Agents Rural stopped by a couple of days ago when PB was putting up a chain across our drive and said (in my words obv) "you need a permit for that!".  PB explained that no other property than ours was involved and they were satisfied, and also very friendly.  But it goes to show that they do know what people are up to and I'm afraid that there is no 'getting away with it' any more.

Certainly I would imagine that if you are going to site a large caravan on your property in which to live, you will need to check with your local Adjuntament that it is ok.

PG

IP Logged

AgentX
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2007 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone

All good, valid points re: siting a caravan. Another thing you should be aware of is that when the Generalitat considers there to be a high risk of forest fires, they can (and often do) impose a total ban on all camping outside official campsites, regardless of whether you are on your own property or not.
I am pretty sure you would not have a problem provided you are not lighting fires and barbecues, but I would echo the point that others on this thread have made: it's generally best to let the local Ayuntamiento know what you are planning to do.

AgentX

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top