Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
good map (Read 2714 times)
john_and_angela

good map
Jun 19th, 2007 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Hi can anyone tell me the best map to look at your finca and measure the dimensions. I can't do anything with the map on  hipermapa.

IP Logged

leo
Ex Member

Re: good map
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:20am
Print Post  
http://www.mapa.es/es/sig/sig1.htm
Then you have one of four options. I always use the oleícola link, but I guess the last one - SIGPAC - is probably as good or better.
You will need Internet Explorer as you have to download a plugin that doesn't seem to work in anything else.
You will also need to understand Spanish and know your polygon and parcela numbers.

I'm experimenting with SIGPAC at the moment and you don't need to download anything. In fact it's very good. The aerial photos are frightening.

Search for your location by clicking on the binoculars icon at the top, then select progresivo from the menu, then fill in the details: Cataluña, Tarragona etc.

It seems a little flaky, but that's probably my connection.

Good luck,

Leo

IP Logged

leo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:54am
Print Post  
uh...the oleicola one is better. You will need to use Internet explorer, enable ActiveX controls (tools-internet options-security-custom-activeX controls & plugins=enable) and accept everything. IE may ask you if you want to load the plugin - say yes.

Then it is simple to use, enter the province, municipality.polygon & parcel numbers. Hold the mouse over the area you're interested in and it will display the area & coordinates. You can switch the photo on and off, turn the olive trees on and off, print off some details etc.

Hope this helps.

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2007 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
many thanks - got it now

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 8:56am