Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Car parking at Reus (or lack of it) (Read 4770 times)
nobrot
Ex Member

Car parking at Reus (or lack of it)
Jun 20th, 2007 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Got off the plane at Reus 3 days ago,walked over to where I had parked the car 6 weeks before and there was a big hole in the ground and no car....back to information in the arrival lounge,over to security,out with a long list and there she was,half way down the second page.The very nice man pointed down the exit road,"3 minutes" he said.There she was....in a field with a couple of dozen other vehicular refugees.No fines,no paperwork,no patronising comments,no messing.Job done and all was at one with world.
If that was here in Blighty I'd have been lectured,fined heavily and had a pathetic,acne ridden traffic warden of dubious origin dressed in an oversized " uniform " take a picture of it for legal reasons.....
So,if anyone has parked a car at Reus lately,don't worry !!!!!
P.S. the two nice ladies were on the roundabout again showing their wares again,if fact they were there the day before as well.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: Car parking at Reus (or lack of it)
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2007 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Hi Rotten Knob

Weren't you the lucky one.  We went up to Reus today to see guests off, and the amount of car-parking was so limited due to the works that people were having to park in the take-away area of the parking lots, and we saw cars being taken away.  So presumably you had not parked in one of those.

Quite frankly I cannot see why they have to do work on the car parks when the airport is at is busiest time of the year, and secondly as the car parks are being ripped up why do they not open up the take-away areas to give the extra required space.

Barmy, if you ask me - not that you did !!

Tony

IP Logged

Huw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Times was when parking at Reus was indeed fantastic. not having had to park there recently I have no idea of what it is like.  Of course you can always park in one of the supermarket car parks in Reus itself and then take a bus or a taxi.  You shoule be ok... ho ho.  On your own head be it. 

In the end what are we moaning about.  Anyone paid to leave the car for a week recently at Heathrow or Stansted?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
When we were flying to and fro a couple of years ago it actually worked out cheaper to hire a car one way from Southampton to Luton then one way back to Southampton - crazy!

If you are coming over for a few weeks then it's well worh investigating - may well save you some money and the worry of coming back to find your car trashed/missing/plane landed on it etc.

Nigel

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Nigel is right,if you weigh up the cost of buying a car/4x4,cost of driving it over to Spain,cost of tax and insurance,cost of upkeep and repairs,depreciation etc,etc all for a few months use per year( assuming you don't  live there full time)and having it left lying around Reus airport for the remaining,surely hiring one would work out a lot cheaper.

P.S. Does anyone know if that is an airport parking firm on the road in,opposite the airfield ??? if so,it's a great idea,if not,it's still a great idea.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
How much building materials can you get in a hire car, the puegot 106 that i hired couldnt even carry 3 people let alone 120 blocks, 6 bags of cement, 2 doors, 4 vigas and 3 gas cylinders along with the weeks shopping. No I will keep my van thanks Cheesy
Although the parking is getting worse and worse

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2007 at 12:11am
Print Post  
We have managed to get a large fridge freezer in a hire car, much to the amusement of the shop staff.

We have worked out it is cheaper for us to hire a car for the weekends we are out and then we drive down for our two weeks in August than have a car sat in our garage which, knowing our luck wouldn't work when we got there. 

IP Logged

Huw
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Dare I say the easiest thing is not to go back?

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Perhaps some of us like the best of both worlds.  We really enjoy living in England but also really look forward to coming out to Spain.  If we lived in Spain all the time it would loose its magic.  I am glad the Spanish life suits most expats but its not for us.  Anyway our Tortosa friends would soon bore of us soon, you know who you are Elfitis!! and who would bring over all the tea bags!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top