Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
where do teenagers go?? Xerta/Tortosa (Read 3651 times)
Xertaboy
Ex Member

where do teenagers go?? Xerta/Tortosa
Aug 3rd, 2007 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Hi there everyone/anyone,
    Once again it is the time of year when I am planning my annual visit to my finca just outside of Xerta. This year my 19 year old  and couple of his mates are coming along to help me with some building work and while I prefer to find an nice little bar in the evenings......,they would probably prefer something in the way of a nightclub???. Are there any within the local area???.....
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2007 at 9:45am by Nigel »  

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: where do teenagers go?? Xerta/Tortosa
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 9:51am
Print Post  
In Spain a 'Night Club' is actually a brothel.  I'm sure your son and his mates would love to go and would have a great time Smiley

What they would be better off going to is a Discoteca.  There is one in Roquetes near the cinema that regularly advertises on the local radio.  Other than that there are several in Amposta. I don't know of any in Tortosa.

Hope that helps,

Nigel

IP Logged

Xertaboy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Thanks Nigel......,no wonder I've been getting some strange looks from the locals (especially the lady's), when I ask for directions to the local night club!!!!!!!   he-he
Just shows you the extent of my local knowledge!!!!!!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
According to one local rumour, Xerta has its own "NightClub" at the top of the village......

Tortosa has several "Music Bars" and Discos at the top of the town around  base of the hill, Eclipse and Sounds are actually on the bottom end of Sympatica - the straight road up to the Hospital.

L'Ampolla has one near the beack just outside town towards the Delta.

L'Ametlla has one [Blau] behind the garages by the N340.

Amposta has several and hundreds of bars....

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2007 at 2:20am
Print Post  
I had to laugh to myself when i first read this thread.

I remember when i first arrived here to live in Spain.

A local know it all! I might add he was English, said that you "have to be really careful with the Spanish, because they are all so religious, going to church all of the time, and so against prostitution".

Now, in hindsight, i might add, that there is probably a "night club" in most villages, or very close, and most of them are not even hidden back street dives, but on main roads with neon lights advertising their wares!

I recently drove from Catalunya to Portugal on holiday, passing through many different regions of Spain, and it is always the same.

I think they are more broad minded than the Brits anyday, and everything is in the open.

Good luck to them i say, after having lived under a dictatorship for so many years, and having religion shoved down their throats, they feel more liberated than us, obviously.

Jools

IP Logged

mikedenise
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Hello Xertaboy

The discotecta in Roquettes would probably be best  - they have 2 rooms - one that plays house music for a younger crowd and a smaller room that plays Catalan Dance music. The entrance is opposite the cinema (however get your son to check which night is on as sometimes it is gay or under 18)

In the same building but with the entrance to the main road is another small Club that plays rockish music

By the old bridge (Roquette side) is the Aussie bar which is usually full and plays a good mix of Catalan Dance / House Music

There are various other smaller music bars and clubs in the town

IP Logged

Xertaboy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2007 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Thanks to all those who offered help regrading my original thread.....,I am please to say that my son and his mates managed to find themselves enough to keep them occupied in the evenings. I think they seemed to find themselves going to the Tortosa or Roquettes areas....,seemed to be a few bars/ discos in those areas.

Me.......,I prefer to find a quiet little bar in Xerta after a hectic day!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top