Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Electricity Connection (Read 3425 times)
mikedenise
Ex Member

Electricity Connection
Aug 20th, 2007 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Hello all

Does anyone know how to get electicty connection to a small finca (in Campredo) ie who do you need to speak to, do they speak english etc.

thanks
Mike

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Electricity Connection
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Hi Mike,

step 1.
Take your Catastral reference number (from your Escritura), acopy of the plan of your finca (go to:
http://ovc.catastro.meh.es/
Select the  'Acceso a datos catastrales no protegidos' link
Enter either your 'Referencia Catastral' or Provincia, Municipo, poligono/parcela and click 'Consultar Cartografía'
If you get it right you should get a plan of your finca. Print this out.

Step 2.
Take it, your NIE, your address, your postal address, your telephone number, the printout (from above) and your catastral number  to the 'Punt de Serveis' for FECSA in Tortosa (go to the roundabout by the end of Tortosa, go as if you are going over the bridge, take the first right then keep going straight on. it's on the right just before a gravel car park on the left).

Give them all this - they will note it all down and (in theory!) in 20 days you'll get sent confirmation of your request to your postal address.  About 3 weeks after this they will do a survey, tell you what is needed (posts, cables etc) and the price.  After you pay you could wait anything up to a year before anything happens. You go to and from the main FECSA office (in the street behind Carrefour Express) asking what is going on.  They tell you 'La semana que viene'. You carry on waiting........

Eventually you may get connected. Possibly.

As far as I'm aware nobody in the 'Punt de Serveis' speaks English - it is rumoured someone in the main FECSA office does but I've never met them.

Hope this helps - please update the topic if you find out anything more!

Nigel

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Thanks Nigel for your info,Not wanting electricity etc.... but the web site you  directed to has now provided me with a few more bits of paper to add to my Spanish file .
All the best to you all Phil Martin (very sad and depressed to be back in UK)
PS. I camped over night for the 1st time in the 3 years I have owned my (mega small ) finca last week and all I can say is FLY,S,Fly,S Fly,S and all the rest of huge flying insects !!!also did a bit of digging etc.. and dug up a think not 100% civil war rifle bullet ,"Matormoras" did a bit of searching on net -Battle of the Ebro ? was there fighting   in this area ,or do you think it was from a boar hunter ? Lips Sealed

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 9:01am
Print Post  
There's something else you should be aware of, FECSA will give you a quote and if you accept,you give them all your Spanish bank details so that a direct debit can be set up, you cannot get power without them. But I've saved the best bit until last, if you accept the quote to put electric on the land they take the money NOW and you still have to wait up to a year to get it!! Interest free money for up to a year, not bad business is it?? Competition is needed badly in Spain.

IP Logged

mikedenise
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Thanks Everyone - I shall give it a go - perhaps I will be connected in time to watch the London Olympics  Sad

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Go Solar !!....it could be cheaper in the short term and free in the long term,plus you can have it installed more or less when YOU want without all the agro

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Probably best way, but make sure you have everything chained,bolted and concreted, because solar systems have a strange way of disappearing when your away from your property for a few hours!

IP Logged

leo
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Quote:
There's something else you should be aware of, FECSA will give you a quote and if you accept,you give them all your Spanish bank details so that a direct debit can be set up, you cannot get power without them. But I've saved the best bit until last, if you accept the quote to put electric on the land they take the money NOW and you still have to wait up to a year to get it!! Interest free money for up to a year, not bad business is it?? Competition is needed badly in Spain.

And if you cancel, they keep 10%

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top