Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Abandoned dogs and cats (Read 3752 times)
terryandsandra
Ex Member

Abandoned dogs and cats
Oct 11th, 2007 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Did any one read the article on abandoned animals in Catalonia Today ( see attached)
It just shows how out of touch they are if thats how they think they can solve the problem of abandoned dogs and cats.
Surly they need to educate people on castration and neutering of there original pets, and stop this dumping of puppies and kittens, we found a puppy last year in a plastic bag on our tip in Gandesa, luckily we found a good home for him, two days ago, seven puppies, about six weeks old were found dumped on the Gandesa to Bott track, they were picked up by a concerned animal lover who is now left with the problem after having no help from the authorities and being told that all rescue centres were full to over flowing.
This is a problem of epidemic proportions and badly needs to be addressed, no official body appears to be taking the problem seriously, the rescue centres  are full to bursting and seem to have little or no funding apart from charitable donations.
Does'nt Silvia Serra think that time and money would be better spent lobbying the government to implement heavy fines, powers to prosecute and funding of the rescue centres.
                                Terry Cooling.
                                 Sant Salvador Kennels.      

IMG_0004.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

terryandsandra
Ex Member

Re: Abandoned dogs and cats
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Please help to save these puppies, one has found a new home today Smiley, six left.
Still no word from Adjuntament, who admitted it was there problem, but can;t or wont help. Cry
If interested you can contact us on 977055027 678970622, we will put you intouch.

IP Logged

terryandsandra
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2007 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
SmileyAnother puppy has been given a good home today, Five left, see photo

STA61188.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2007 at 10:58am
Print Post  
I quite agree! and judjing by what I witnessed last week in my street there will soon be some beagle crosses appearing in the streets of Gandesa! Yes, you know which dog I mean! Castration and neutering unless the owner specifically wants to breed is the only answer. Dogs should not be allowed to wander the streets 'willy nilly'.

IP Logged

terryandsandra
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2007 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Well its not my Beagle, He's shooting blanks now, think I know which one you mean.
Any way, the last five puppies are now being taken by Mora Rescue on Sunday.

IP Logged

terryandsandra
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2007 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
The remaining five puppies were taken by Mora Rescue and she thinks new homes will be found, She also said, "Don't worry I will get the Two Hundred euro's from the adjuntament" this apparently is what they have to pay when they take dogs to a rescue center. say no more!!
The two that were found homes are doing very well and settling down in there new homes.
                                   Terry.

IP Logged

DebnArch
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2007 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Those puppies are beautiful.  The situation is the same here in Turkey - well parts of it anyway, where we live they would rather spend money on plastic palm trees to adorn the roundabouts & put rose smelling water down when the president is coming than sort out the street dog situation.  It makes my blood boil.   Angry

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:13am
Print Post  
If you want to do something about this problem then you could start by signing this petition for laws against animal abuse across Europe.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/01marina/petition.html

Tony

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top