Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
town hall tortosa (Read 9541 times)
calyamy
Ex Member

town hall tortosa
Oct 21st, 2007 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Hi could anyone tell me where the town hall is in tortosa, hubby has to pay parking ticket
thanx

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Re: town hall tortosa
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
We got a ticket last year and all we had to do was to buy tickets from the machine totalling the amount on the parking ticket (ours was 3 euros),fold them up with the parking ticket and post them in the slot on the ticket machine.I can only assume this is still the case.

IP Logged

calyamy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
thanx for that Norbot i will text that info to hubby who is in spain at the moment sorting things out which now includes a parking ticket.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Well I never modern technology rules, if it was in the UK you would have been towed

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well I never modern technology rules, if it was in the UK you would have been towed

Well they do tow away here in Spain.  A friend had a narrow escape in Roquettes last month as they were jsut going to load her hired car onto the towaway wagon when she returned. She thought she was legally parked, but part of her wheel was on a pedestrian crossing!!! She escaped with a 40 euro fine and a mouthful of abuse was duly returned to the scribe on duty. I kid you not!

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

Well they do tow away here in Spain.  A friend had a narrow escape in Roquettes last month as they were jsut going to load her hired car onto the towaway wagon when she returned. She thought she was legally parked, but part of her wheel was on a pedestrian crossing!!! She escaped with a 40 euro fine and a mouthful of abuse was duly returned to the scribe on duty. I kid you not!

I noticed from the original thread that like all politicians no one actually answered the question of where Tortosa Town Hall is. For those other late readers it is quite easy to find if you head for the indoor market along the River Ebro after crossing over the iron bridge from Sabeco end  of town. Then if you are on the main street of Ave. Generalet with your back to the market just walk through one of the shopping streets directly opposite and you come into a huge square. It is the impressive building in front of you with great imposing columns in front. Go through the doors and turn left to the reception area. There is a lovely lady there with blonde hair that is very fluent and efficient in english. She will direct you to the right spot.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I noticed from the original thread that like all politicians no one actually answered the question of where Tortosa Town Hall is. For those other late readers it is quite easy to find if you head for the indoor market along the River Ebro after crossing over the iron bridge from Sabeco end  of town. Then if you are on the main street of Ave. Generalet with your back to the market just walk through one of the shopping streets directly opposite and you come into a huge square. It is the impressive building in front of you with great imposing columns in front. Go through the doors and turn left to the reception area. There is a lovely lady there with blonde hair that is very fluent and efficient in english. She will direct you to the right spot.

Getting back to the subject of towing, be careful if you use an EU disabled badge and legally park in a disabled car park. The local authorities can and do override anything to suit as we discovered to our detriment when we first visited San Carlos de la Rapide.

We came back to find other such angry tourists and no car. Just a grinning male sat pompously in his tow truck. We then had to find the Police Station. they then wanted proof that we owned that car. We didn't it was a car hire or big old white van at the time. The documents are in the cubby hole. Duh! Where they are supposed to be.

When I asked why we had been towed away they replied there was a big cycle race coming through at any moment. but my husband is disabled. Doesn't matter. We have advertised now for 2 weeks in the local paper about this race and I should have read these papers before parking up. How on earth are tourists that are passing thorough supposed to know that. Why didn't they put a temporary sign. Not necessary. It was in the papers! It cost us 95 euros. Need less to say we avoid disabled car parks since

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top