Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Spanish Teacher (Read 2507 times)
follygg
Ex Member

Spanish Teacher
Nov 2nd, 2007 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Hi

Moving to Santa Barbara area mid Nov semi permanent.

Require Spanish teacher.Terms and conditions to be discussed privatley.

My present vacabulary extends to only 50 words ish, therefore patience a definate requirement.

A teacher in either La Galera or Santa Barbara prefered.

Please either e- mail or message

Folly
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2007 at 8:40pm by Nigel »  

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Spanish Teacher
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Just a thought but are you aware the Catalan lessones ( the first language here) are absolutely free? My husband has been going to classes twice a week and although he finds it difficult he is making progress. It also means you get to meet other people on the course. One of the problems for him has been that almost all the other pupils speak some Spanish already ( Castillano) and therefore the teacher explains things to them in Spanish! ( my husband does not speak Spanish as you can guess) Now he can go out cycling with his Catalan friends and get the gist of what is being said in Catalan. There are advantages and disadvantages to learning either language but I just thought I would let you know this. I think there is someone advertising Spanish classes on this site? Best of luck.

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Forgot to say there is a language school in Tortosa. I saw something about it on another site 'brighterspain', if you google that you should find it.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
There are also free Spanish courses at the Centre Formacio in Placa de St Joan in Tortosa, but the teacher does not speak any English, which makes it pretty difficult.  The course tends to be full of students of every nationality under the sun who are here to find employment, and as the teaching is also focused on helping people to get employment it covers such things as CVs (not a great deal of interest to a retired person).  I was looking for more conversational Spanish so have got together with a group of friends and we pay for private lessons bit I still find it difficult (must be the age).

IP Logged

kennymack
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
have heard the irish school in town offers lessons,does anyone know if this is the case,desperately need to learn.and to find the irish school.
any help gratefully received .
Kenny.

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2007 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Frequent your local bar and find someone that wants to learn some English. Spent a couple of hours a week with them. It helps and its cheap.

We switched to Catalan lessons this Autumn, as all the locals moaned they couldn't talk to us easily. Lessons (excellent) are free in Tortosa and we back them up once a week with lessons in our local bar.

PB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top