now its getting interesting!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Re: Gun license.
Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Off to see the Guardia Civil soon to get their form on the procedures on obtaining a gun licence.

Basically PG & I will need to :-

Join a society of Casadores

Prove we do not have a criminal record

Pass a gun handling test

Pass a written psychological test that is written in Spanish (not Catalan)

Purchase a gun safe and a safe for the cartridges.

If there are any other requirements, the form from the Guardia will list them.

Will update our progress, as and when.
PB

(PG will soon be a tree hugging, liberal, open minded, gun toting gal)

IP Logged

snowhite
Ex Member

Re: license.
Reply #17 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 11:02am
Print Post  
munkonminor wrote on Nov 12th, 2007 at 11:17pm:
Simply that all the "hunters" who regularly trapse through our finca shoot at anything and in any direction. On several occasions we have been showered in shot because they are either to stupid or have total disregard for anyone else. As we border the Natural Park they prefer to stand on our finca and kindly leave us their spent shells, last year two men were there with high velocity rifles. Good sport shooting finches !

Several points:

1. Hunters are allowed to hunt on your land unless it is completely fenced.
2. They are not allowed to discharge their weapons within 50m of an isolated building (ie your finca) or 100m of a village. The law doesn't mention anything about standing outside that zone and firing at a building but I suspect that deliberately, as opposed to accidentally, firing at a house would land a hunter in a lot of trouble.
3. Hunters must not litter, including spent shells, your land.

One thing is the law and quite another is getting it enforced without going bankrupt or insane. We´ve found that walking up to hunters on our land and asking them politely if they wouldn´t mind hunting elsewhere has paid off. We've had a few grumpy twits going on about their rights and all that but if you can maintain your cool and persevere with the polite "do me a favour" act it seems to work. Most just said it wasn´t a problem and over a period of three years we've gone from a war-zone to a relative quietness.

Above all else, if you do approach hunters remember that it is their right under Spanish law to blast to smithereens anything that moves outside Natural Parks or private hunting grounds (coto de caza). There is no point getting upset about it or talking about trespass, they have the law on their side. The only alternative is to fence the entire perimeter of your land.

Snowhite

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Snowhite,

Well put.

We had a visitation from the "Guarda de Caza y Campo" from Roquettes yesterday after they received notice of our request to make our land "caca privado". As the expense would be prohibitive, they said basically the same things that you have put so well (en Catala)

They also said that if any hunters did not comply with our wishes, to call them and they would tell the hunters to desist.

We are now both going to join the local Society de Casadors and apply for gun licences, as if you cannot stop them, it is better to be their friends and be on a good footing to ask them to ask them to stop. (And we also would like the odd rabbit or wild boar for the pot)

If you are having serious problems, contact your local hunting society and talk things through with them.

If you want to apply for a gun licence, go to this link and download the relevant documents (Tema IV details the requirements and process for applying for a gun licence)

http://www.guardiacivil.org/quesomos/organizacion/operaciones/icae/temarios.jsp

Have fun

PB

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Just found two new "Coto Privada de Caca" (Private Hunting) signs posted on the edge of our property by the Barranc. There is also the sign about hunting dogs, but I can't spell that one this early in the morning.

I don't know the rules on this one, but visit your area's Medi Ambiente office's armed with all your papers and a Catalan/Spanish speaker. Give them your details and you could get a result.

Happy to be of service.

PB

PS Pondgirl is now pretending she is Annie Oakley

Grrr Cool

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
just in case anyone is intrested got my fishing licence today they have gone up in price to 21 euros for 1 year or 50 euro for 4 years

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
just in case anyone is intrested got my fishing licence today they have gone up in price to 21 euros for 1 year or 50 euro for 4 years

Ouch!  Has anyone else heard of the Catalonian type fishing licence that covers you for yourself and one other unnamed guest? If so what does it cost, please?

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
Just found two new "Coto Privada de Caca" (Private Hunting) signs posted on the edge of our property by the Barranc. There is also the sign about hunting dogs, but I can't spell that one this early in the morning.

I don't know the rules on this one, but visit your area's Medi Ambiente office's armed with all your papers and a Catalan/Spanish speaker. Give them your details and you could get a result.

Happy to be of service.

PB

http://www.lkwdpl.org/WIHOHIO/oakl-ann.jpg

Grrr Cool

I wonder if you have heard around your "pondlife" when the actual hunting season should start and finish? Beause we woke the other Sunday to gunshot, and no it wasn't fireworks, as we could hear the dogs. In my opinion it is not until late in October or am I wrong?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Hi went there today to the Generelitat d Agricol at Placa Alfonso down Carrer Agentina, in Tortosa on the square with the underground car park, its the building with the big statues on either side of the door entrance I think they are supposed to be neptune anyway as Nigel says its on the second floor to the right  of the stairwell, but boy was it tedious, it took nearly 3/4 of an hour for the lady to type in what was very simple information, one would think I was asking for a bomb license instead of a fishing License for a jubilat anyway finally got one at €0.00 for a minor and € 15.86 for an adult, you can actually do it on line, so if you don't want to hang about for 3/4 of an hour I would recommend it  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:

So that sign for the hunting dogs!! have you seen any dogs stopping! reading the sign!! then beggaring off!! They must be damn intelligent dogs if you ask me

Happy to be of service.

PB

http://www.lkwdpl.org/WIHOHIO/oakl-ann.jpg

Grrr Cool

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #25 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Regarding fishing licence............... over a certain age, I think it's sixty, retired people get one for zilch and it lasts for four years......... I have one in my possession!!!

OLD Nelson.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Really I didn't think you were that Old!!  Old Nelson should have given me a clue I suppose

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 12:06pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Quote:

Ouch!  Has anyone else heard of the Catalonian type fishing licence that covers you for yourself and one other unnamed guest? If so what does it cost, please?

Ahh it sounds like jack went to the fishing tackle shop for his license the guy puts his commission on of around €6, the true cost of the license if you go and buy one yourself from the Generalitat d Agricol is €15.86, but no english spoken, but hey we got by, If you friends are over 60 I think they get the license for free as Old Nelson Confirms!!

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Shooting license.
Reply #28 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Pondboy/ Pondgirl,

Have you made any progress regarding obtaining shooting licence ?
As I understand things can be a bit long winded in Spain, but you did start the process over two years ago !
I assume the requirement to be fluent in Catalan was also a joke ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top