Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Land prices ? (Read 11333 times)
fatphil
Ex Member

Land prices ?
Nov 27th, 2007 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Just been told by Spanish Estate agent that the land sales market ,in the area has "stopped".
So buyers do not want to pay above a certain price for a Finca, regardless of the amount of land it has.
I replied that surely land is priced at a set amount of euros per hectaire.
The agent replied, that as buyers do not work on the land anymore, they will only pay the same amount for a Finca , regardless whether it has 1 or 20 Hectaires.   
Is this why for the last few years, Finca's seem to be sold with smaller plots of land ?

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Land prices ?
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Hmm, Phil!I'm really not sure what the Estate agent is trying to tell you and I suppose it all depends on the circumstances. If a local farmer is looking to grow grapes then of course he will pay more for a larger piece of land. However if you are looking for a house to live in either permanently or as a holiday home then much of the value will probably be in the size of the masia or casa or almacen or whatever it is. A large and legal property on a finca of say half a hectare would, I assume, be worth much more than a tiny casita on a 3 hectare plot, or larger. I could be wrong of course! I hope this is of use but my advice would be 'do your homework and shop around'. Hope this helps.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Hello Viking,
Thanks for your opinion,with good point about grape grower /farmer only neading land.
Perhaps I should divide the Finca up from the main bulk of the land and sell it on a small plot, don't know if it is possible to divide up a parcela ?
Also the agent who made the remarks  has stopped replying to mail, so either he has started his Christmas holiday early, or cannot be bothered, I guess estate agents are all the same !   Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Phil, estate agents definitely aren't 'all the same', the one we used for our purchase was/is absolutely excellent.

As Viking says property prices will reflect what is required from them.  A property of 10 hectares isn't necesarily going to be worth 10x more than one of 1 hectare. A property that has a proper 'habitation' for reformation is going to be worth more than one that just has a little almacen on it but lots of land.

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Working on the principle that they no longer make land any more and depending on how one profits from that land,land will always be a good investment.I'd rather have money in land than in a BMW on the drive anyday......

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
The Sage has spoken! As a long term investment I tend to agree, slower than gas and oil but a finite commodity.
Oh dear, I'm having to agree with him this time!
                                                                   Old Nelson.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Working on the principle that they no longer make land any more and depending on how one profits from that land,land will always be a good investment.I'd rather have money in land than in a BMW on the drive anyday......

A nice Idea Senor Rot, however they are still "making land", Gibraltar and The Netherlands to name 2, have nicked bits of sea recently. You are totally right about the Property/BMW though, in the long run.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2007 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Pondgirl,
Now you've started me off !
Perhaps you would like to recommend who this estate agent is, who can do no wrong in your opinion. Undecided

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2007 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
I didn't say they could do no wrong, that would be just silly  Smiley

I'll pm you the name.

IP Logged

AgentX
Ex Member

Re: Land prices ? Dividing parcelas
Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Hello all

The process of dividing a parcela is known as segregación, and is carried out by the DARP, the Generalitat's agriculture dept.

In theory, and as far as I understand it:

- If your land is irrigated (regadio), you need a minimum of 2 hectares, which you can split into two new one-hectare parcels.
- If it is non-irrigated (secano), you need a minimum of 8 hectares.
- If it is forest land or similar (pinar, bosque, matorral) you need a minimum of 25 hectares.

If you have say, a finca made up of 4 hectares of non-irrigated land and one hectare of irrigated land, you can split the two.

However there appear to be numerous exceptions (such as when a finca is split by a track etc) and I'm often surprised at what people manage to split -- you really need to get an appointment with the agriculture dept and present your case.

I have been along several times as an interpreter, and none of their staff appear to speak English...

http://www.gencat.net/darp/c/departam/adreces/adre03.htm has a list of DARP addresses. You will need to take a plan of your finca.

Hope this helps

AgentX

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2008 at 8:20am
Print Post  
We have just  ' sold' a peice of land to our nieghbour,approx 1370 m2.He plans to widen the track,which runs in front of his house and fence it off to stop his children falling off the terrace.....According to the notary we have not actually sold the land itself as they cannot/will not separate the parcel up but the actual 'right' to use the land.If we sold the property and land on, our neighbour still has the right to use the land.We still retain the right to access the land.I suppose it is more like an infinate long term lease....

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #11 - May 10th, 2008 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Hi Nobrot
Will this affect your ability to sell the rest of the property at a later date? Or are you not worried about that?  Just a thought, as I would have possibly have tried to come to an amicable agreement.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 10th, 2008 at 9:00am
Print Post  
hi all we have a few properties one piece of land  is split by a tarmac road its on the same deed but is taxed on 2 pieces,maybe we can split them but dont think so ,when we moved here nearly 5 years ago we were told that it was nolonger posible to split land if it wasnt done before a sertain date,but i think we will look into trying to split the land it may be worth trying  ......it as 2 water conections one each side.......i will post on here to let you know when we find out if we can or not regards nen Smiley

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2008 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Steve,
I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference.The piece in question cannot be seen from the farm and to be honest it's that small we didn't even know it was ours,it's useless except to our 'new best friend',as I say,we still own the land apparently but he has the right to use it so a future purchaser would still buy it but would have to honour the agreement.The land hasn't even got a tree on it.

(P.S. What's the plural of cactus)

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #14 - May 10th, 2008 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
(P.S. What's the plural of cactus)

two cactusses dummy Grin
steve