Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tortosa POUM (Read 3252 times)
snowhite
Ex Member

Tortosa POUM
Dec 3rd, 2007 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Last week I attended a meeting in Jesus where the Tortosa mayor, Mr. Bel, presented the new POUM (plan that defines what can be built where) and answered questions. Find below a summary of the main points:

1. The POUM map on display in the ajuntament of Tortosa and on its website is the correct one. The one displayed earlier on in the year is no longer valid as the POUM has been redrawn by the Generalitat.

2. If you want reliable information on what you can build and where, go to the ajuntament and talk to to a member of staff in the Dpt. de Urbanisme.

3. The mayor can no longer turn a blind eye or help out with illegal building because that power has been taken away from him. If you choose to go ahead with illegal building, you are on your own. Minimum fine will be 30.000 euros and the property will be pulled down.

Most of the above points will, I would think, also apply outside of Tortosa.

Snowhite

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Re: Tortosa POUM
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Last week I attended a meeting in Jesus where the Tortosa mayor, Mr. Bel, presented the new POUM (plan that defines what can be built where) and answered questions. Find below a summary of the main points:

1. The POUM map on display in the ajuntament of Tortosa and on its website is the correct one. The one displayed earlier on in the year is no longer valid as the POUM has been redrawn by the Generalitat.

2. If you want reliable information on what you can build and where, go to the ajuntament and talk to to a member of staff in the Dpt. de Urbanisme.

3. The mayor can no longer turn a blind eye or help out with illegal building because that power has been taken away from him. If you choose to go ahead with illegal building, you are on your own. Minimum fine will be 30.000 euros and the property will be pulled down.

Snowhite

any chance of a link please ? ....[url ]is this it ? .... http://www.tortosa.altanet.org/ajtms/tortosa/poum/clas.html [/url]

IP Logged

kennymack
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Now thats very interesting,here i am desperate to extend my small house,by 10 metres,my neighbours have no objections,they all have large houses,500 yards from me is a huge new urbanisation,huge houses two and three storey,
yet they say i am rural,with houses all around,(illegal) they are going to urbanise the area,asked when? 2months,2 years,10 years,who knows? was the answer i got.
So do i or dont i?
Anyway,just what is an urbanisation?
My escitura says urban on it,so why cant i extend in keeping with what i have,single storey,rustic style,nothing fancy?
There has got to be a uniformity between all local councils,this rules for some and rules for others is still going on,its not right.
By the way if someone could explain just what an urbanisation is i would be grateful.
Thanks

Kenny.

IP Logged

snowhite
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

Snowhite

any chance of a link please ? ....[url ]is this it ? .... http://www.tortosa.altanet.org/ajtms/tortosa/poum/clas.html [/url]

Yes it is.

Snowhite

IP Logged

snowhite
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Now thats very interesting,here i am desperate to extend my small house,by 10 metres,my neighbours have no objections,they all have large houses,500 yards from me is a huge new urbanisation,huge houses two and three storey,
yet they say i am rural,with houses all around,(illegal) they are going to urbanise the area,asked when? 2months,2 years,10 years,who knows? was the answer i got.
So do i or dont i?
Anyway,just what is an urbanisation?
My escitura says urban on it,so why cant i extend in keeping with what i have,single storey,rustic style,nothing fancy?
There has got to be a uniformity between all local councils,this rules for some and rules for others is still going on,its not right.
By the way if someone could explain just what an urbanisation is i would be grateful.
Thanks

Kenny.

Bear in mind this POUM is for Tortosa only, if you live in another area it won't help you. What we were told is that when an area goes from rural to urban, the area is divided up into zones of 7-8 neighbours referred to as "Poligonos de actuacion" (acting groups if you will). To become an urban area you need sewers, roads, street lights and the cost of installing all these has to be met by the owners and you will have to get agreement from a majority of your Poligono to go ahead. To make things even more complicated, the sewers and other services have to connect into the existing infrastructure so if your ajuntament hasn't extended it to your area or another Poligono is in the way and doesn't want to pay the costs...

In your particular case it sounds like your town's POUM hasn't been approved in which case no one knows what your property will be (rural or urban) until the paperwork is stamped by the Generalitat. That's an educated guess by the way. It could a completely different reason.

An urbanisation is, I believe, an area provided with all the municipal services: roads, sewers, mains electricity, water, phone and depending on size also schools, hospitals...etc

Snowhite

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top