Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Spanish registered English speaking Electrician (Read 1651 times)
jools
Ex Member

Spanish registered English speaking Electrician
Dec 3rd, 2007 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know of an English speaking, Spanish registered electrician, or a Spanish, English speaking electrician?

Jools

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: Spanish registered English speaking Electricia
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Come on guys.................i cant believe there isn't an English speaking "qualified in Spain electrician" ..................there has to be a hole in the market here for somebody!

I have a beautiful newly renovated 200 year old town house, built by a Spanish constructor, and i had an electrical fire "INSIDE THE WALL, BEHIND THE MAIN FUSE BOX", obviously an overload of the system, but i also bought all of my appliances from the electrician.................kitchen white goods, electric central heating radiators etc, the lot.

I am now being told that i cant have too many things on at the same time...........eerrr pardon me, but is this not 2007???

Any advise much appreciated

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Re: Spanish registered English speaking Electricia
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Jools Ive  PM you, but if you've had an overload which caused a fire  it can really be one of 3 things. Incorrect wire size for the circuit being used or an incorrect  value MCB ( minature circuit breaker) fitted or the most unlikey a defective breaker.

As The spanish use spurs rather that ring mains correctly sized wiring and MCB will always trip well before wiring start to get so hot it causes afire. Even a direct short would trip the relative MCB in milli seconds.  So even if you overloaded a correctly wired crcuit all that should happen is the spur crcuit trip  should switch. Also consider getting an independant assesment  (once you find the elctrian)done on your wiring apart from the builder and his sub contractors as you are dead right  even if you accidently over load or have a fault anywhere in you electrical crcuits, fail safes are in place to prevent such fires. Me thinks negligence is a foot !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top