Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Driving on the AP7/E15 (Read 2813 times)
sue100
Ex Member

Driving on the AP7/E15
Dec 18th, 2007 at 10:27am
Print Post  
On Saturday I was returning home from Reus Airport with some friends who came back on the same flight in my English plated 4x4. I needed fuel so made a stop at the services at La Hospitalet. We decided a coffee was in order and parked in the car park at the front of the services. We were inside for approx 10 mins and came out to find a soft back tyre with a loud hissing noise ensueing from it, which went completely flat in about 30 seconds. On inspection the tyre had been stabbed in two places close to each other on the outer side wall. At the rate the tyre went down it must have just been done as we came out of the services. Luckly I had my son and my friends son with us who soon effected the spare on.

But really this is just a word of warning, as we are all aware this type of thing has been happening further north, please if you pull into services be aware. My car was the only English car in the car park at the time, although there were plenty of German, Dutch and French cars in there, as well as Spanish.

I can not be sure what  the intention was of stabbing my tyre, but at 140 euros a time my cheapy 1 cent Ryanair flight has become an expensive trip.

Merry christmas to everyone and a very happy 2008

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Re: Driving on the AP7/E15
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Hi Sue
The most probable reason for slashing your tyre was to 'in a good samaritan type way' offer assistance to some travel weary tourists further down the road and then swipe your belonging whilst your attention was diverted to the tyre.......nothing personal.Hypodermic needles in the tyre also make sure the tyre goes down a few miles down the road.

IP Logged

follygg
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Hi Sue

I go along with Nobrot on this as the most likely reason.Try not to worry about it too much.just put it down to

right place wrong time.

Have a happy Christmas

Folly

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Sue.
I had a similar experience in Reus.( Not the Airport)
My car was broken into,window smashed. Stupidly, I d left my Sat Nav in the glove box and yes , it was stolen.
The police filed a report ,but informed me , that UK cars are being targeted on a regular basis in Reus.
Apparantly, the sticky mark left on the windscreen. Is a dead give away, that the car has Sat Nav. I guess thats obvious now.
Funny thing was. Nothing else was taken. Guess they didn t like my taste in music,not one CD was missing ,lol Undecided

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Also watch out for Morocan people starting up a conversation with you just as you are getting into or just leaving your car, one will try to distract you especially if you don't have good Spanish whilst the other snatches items from you car, Just lock the car and walk off

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top