Dec 21st, 2007 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
http://hikingxerta.blogspot.com/ ;  As progress stands today

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Re: New Canal progress
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me anything about this new canal?
Where is it going to be?

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: New Canal progress
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Hi John and Angela
From what I can gather from the president of the Els Reguers society of irrigators, who is based in the Els Reguers town hall, the new canal is due to follow the exact route of the present dry canal (normally dry,  except after we have had a downpour Wink)  There will be an updated service road but no immediate plans for any bigger road ( there are also now canal engineers who are based in a temporary office in the Reguers town hall and have another base next door to the Reguers church).  The proposed end of the line is La Senia, where the canal we are told will be restricted in width, ie. most of the water is supposed to have been supplied to Catalan farmers (not sure what the water is going to irrigate), and only a small amount, if any,  will make it into Valencia, therefore no need for a wider canal here, (maybe that's wishful thinking).  Along the way there will be a series of 80 - 100 m high water towers to aid in the water's flow. That's maybe why we have seen a few fincas along the route (especially near to Reguers) who have decided to fence off their land.
Of course any information gained from 3rd parties must be viewed cautiously, however we found the Reguers irrigators president quite helpful. Just thought I would pass on what he told us, hope this is helpful to forum users.
ebrorob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top