Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Internet service provider (Read 3899 times)
Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Internet service provider
Jan 1st, 2008 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
We have the basic telephone and internet package from Iberbanda and are having problems sending literature and photos via Gmail,does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Ian

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Re: Internet service provider
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2008 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Im on Iberband 512k and phone I use Yahoo.co.uk  mail and have had no problems sending mail and attachments, try it, its free !

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2008 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Cheers Bill
We are on  256  so do you think upgrading to 512 and staying with gmail sort the problem out....?

Ian

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 2:37am
Print Post  
No It should not  make a difference, except for the time taken to upload and send, it can be one of many things from a G mail server problem or even  your anti viruus programme interferring with your mail settings or your firewall. I am aware Norton Antivirus causes mail issues, when I was in UK Norton did an automatic update and from that point on I coundn,t send or get t my email through my IP provider, the only way was to swtch off Norton.  I and  friends  have dumped Norton for many reason the most being it slows your system too much and you have yearly upgrades. AVG Antivirius is free and good, any way I digress. I would reccomend you try in this order the following. My son uses G mail and he has no problems

1. Temporarily deactivate any antivirus soft ware and try sending a email.
2. Sign up for a free yahoo.co.uk mail address and try that
3. Check your firewall settings deactivate or reduce level of protection and try sending again
4. Check Explorer privacy setting it might have changed to high, click to medium. also delete all cookies.
5. Do one at a time and then check mail again like when your changing spark plugs on a car so you dont get the HT leads mixed up if you get my drift.

Also try a system restore to a point when Gmail was working correctly  just back up any new files to disc first.

HTH WoO

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Thanks again Bill,it's not perfect but 2 out 3 aint bad

Cheers

Ian

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 9:31am
Print Post  
William, I too use AVG after tranferring from Norton and am very pleased.  I found that Norton became too complicated when I just wanted anti virus and it did slow up the computer so much.

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Nobrot and to all who like a freebie that works, go to www.ccleaner.com or just search ccleaner in your browser and download it for free, just over 2 meg install and use regularly, its a good tool better the MS Disk Cleanp,  just remember to exit the internet b4 you clean up so it can clean up all those internet temp files and cookies, worth a serious look.

HTH WoO

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Also worth trying Mozilla Firefox as a browser instead of IE - I have problems with gmail using IE but not with Firefox....

Nigel

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
I agree I use Firefox a lot more stable than IE which kept hanging  on me, slightly slower but in terms of work done a lot more productive  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top