Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Renewal of passports (Read 2998 times)
terryandsandra
Ex Member

Renewal of passports
Jan 6th, 2008 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Hi.
Has anyone recently renewed there passports via Madrid, as they now will not send back to a PO Box, only using a courier to return, how they find a Finca in the middle of nowhere is anyones guess.
I would appreciate some advise.
                                                   Terry.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Re: Renewal of passports
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
I should imagine that the couriers would use GPS to pinpoint remote locations, they're pretty accurate these days.

IP Logged

terryandsandra
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2008 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Hi.
I telephoned the office yesterday and they say they will not deliver to Finca's but you should get permission from your local bank to except the passports, you can also contact the courier to find out the arrival time of the package, see web site www.ukinspain.com the courier is Bpack.
                                      Terry.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Hi Terry,

It's not that they wont deliver to fincas.
None of the authorities/government agencies/Police/equivalent of Inland Revenue (agencia tributaria) etc etc, will deliver to anything other than a proper address in a village/town/city.

Sorry guys, post office box numbers, even though you pay for them are not classed as proper addresses, exactly the same as in the UK.

IP Logged

authorannie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
We had our passports stolen in August and had replacements from Madrid.  After weeks of phone calls and emails, we eventually got our new passports.  Apparently the courier office in Tarragona is new, couldn't find us, even though I'd given directions, we have a road name and I'd emailed a map.  Don't hold your breath!  If you've got an address in England, it's better to renew over there and much cheaper too!

IP Logged

nicson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Hi. Just as a matter of interest, we have just had our passports renewed in U.K.
     Passport office will not now use Royal Mail, all deliveries of passports here are now via
     a currier. They have to be signed for by the person they are addressed to otherwise the will not
     hand them over.

Nicson.

IP Logged

terryandsandra
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Hi All.
Just to warn you, our passports have been returned as my wifes photo was incorrect, they say too far away, even though it was taken in Mora at a passport photo shop, so make sure the sizes they state on there forms are exact, and they will deliver to the bank, without your signature.
                                                                         Terry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top