Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sunday brunch in Tortosa area (Read 5536 times)
Jordi
Ex Member

Sunday brunch in Tortosa area
Jan 21st, 2008 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Hello everybody,
this is my first post in Tortosa forum and, as you can guess by my nickname, I'm a "local". I found your forum thanks to Tortosa entry in the English version of Wikipedia.

Having lived for many years abroad despite being born here in Tortosa I'm used to some way of life we tortosins are not used to.

Let me explain myself. Why there's not, for exemple, a place where to have a brunch on sunday morning as you can have for exemple in so many places in Britain?

It's such a good idea, you get much later on Sunday, you mix breakfast and lunch in a single meat.

And now you get at, 12 for exemple, and what do you have? Just "Restaurant del Parc" and restaurants in Ampolla and other sea villages. But no brunch restaurants as far as I know.

Or maybe I'm wrong. That's because I want to know from your side. Does anyone of you know a good place where to have a good sunday brunch in Tortosa area? (Say, from Ametlla de Mar down to Sant Carles de la Rąpita).

Thanks in advance for your comments.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: Sunday brunch in Tortosa area
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Hi Jordi and welcome to the Forum
Try the Restaurant Mur on the left as you turn the bend into Alfara de Carles.
We have eaten there at 11.00 on a Sunday morning with a selection of grilled meats, chips etc.  Also will provide a starter in the way of ensalada, tomato bread, queso etc and a dessert if you so wish.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 7:29pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jordi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2008 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Thank you!
I was thinking on fruit and yogourth but this kind of stuff can also do the job.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Try the bar Estacion in L'Ampolla they will probably do a sunday brunch, but they may be too busy preparing for English roast diner served  mid afternoon on a Sundays, what the English miss when in Spain, but as far as fruit and yoghurt are concerned the brits call that a continental breakfast French and German style, its just not a proper brunch, which is a big fry up, sausages, bacon, fried eggs, fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes, fried bread, beans and black pudding, now thats a brunch, its made me hungry just thinking about it!! just reminded me I must take my cholesterol pill

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top