Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
fishing (Read 4648 times)
geandi
Ex Member

fishing
Mar 4th, 2008 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
As a new resident of the area I'm quite suprised at the lack of shared information about the fishing on the ebro and other waters nearby. Not all of us intend to start being a fishing guide and have no intention of treading on other peoples toes. Just a little advice on what areas are fishing better than others, what baits and methods are producing better than others. Where people have had problems with parking and access etc. If I can kick start some sort of response on a shared pool of information perhaps we will all benefit. Any comments would be welcome ( even sarcastic ones ).
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2008 at 6:55pm by »  

IP Logged

Debs
Ex Member

Re: fishing
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
A friend of ours ,caught a big old catfish yesterday (150lbs,approx).
The fish are there to be caught.
Is it luck, or technique?
Could put you touch with him. Not sure he d share his secrets though! Lips Sealed

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Hi
10 years ago there were only one or two english fishing guides on the lower Ebro. Now I believe there are many times that number. Possibly this is the reason why you may have a problem in obtaining the fishing advice you require. Good luck.
ebrorob

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 9:56am
Print Post  
geandi
I can suggest you contact a guy called Phil Pembroke.He has fished the Ebro many times over the past few years & even written a book which includes comprehensive details on how to fish it.Also he had a regular slot on fishing in the Catalunya life mag up until the last issue.I believe he keeps in regular contact with some of the english speaking fishing guides here,so i presume would be uptodate on how the Ebro is fishing.He now has a website,which i have added a link to below.I hope he can help you.

ebrorob

[deleted re forum rules]
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2008 at 1:06am by Nigel »  

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
or

[deleted re forum rules]

Not a very active site, though.  Have just registered so they have one new recruit !   Planning to catch Black Bass this spring as I've given up on getting anything larger than tiddlers out of the sea.  

Tight Lines!
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2008 at 1:07am by Nigel »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top