Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Car tyres (Read 2265 times)
jools
Ex Member

Car tyres
Mar 8th, 2008 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
I bought new car tyres here 2 years ago, and was quite surprised that somebody pointed out to me that i could do with another new set.

Last time i paid just over 400 euros if i remember rightly, and it's only a Ford Fiesta.

But a friend told me about a place in "El Molar", which is in the direction of Mora d'Ebre, then Garcia and then El Molar.

Really nice bloke, he does new and very slightly used tyres. I decided on the second hand ones, as i am changing my car in 3 months time, and i got 4 very good tyres with balancing and fitting for 100 euros. My friend who was with me bought 4 second hand ones for his Ford Maverick 4x4, he paid 180 euros all in...........not bad eh?

It's worth the journey, it's a nice drive, and can save you quite a lot of money, he's closed on Fridays by the way.

His name is Josep Escoda, telephone number is 977 825 144

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Re: Car tyres
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Jools whilst we normally see eye to eye I have to execute caution on your post, I ran owned  a MOT garage in UK for 6 years, secondhand tyres with legal tread requiremnets have most likely been failed as fit for purpose for other reasons,  sidewall damage puncture fails without legal repairs . These tires are exported to countries with out the same legistation or even with said regulation  ,Im not saying that u may be lucky, that your tyres were from an alloy wheel upgrade, but faulty tires kill and dead is permanent , if the history of a used tyre can not be ascertained then remolds are a safer bet  Cry

True I have had new but faulty tires but ask one simple question, why are perfectly good looking tread cred tires being offered for sale, why wouldn't they still be used by the original owner till time for change  Huh

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Hi William,

Thanks for your concern, but i think i am OK.
My Dad's friend used to have a similar second hand tyre business years ago in the UK. He actually used to import his tyres from Germany, they had a much stricter ruling on tyre tread, and they had to be changed at much more regular intervals than in the UK, therefore you could drive on them for many more 1000's of miles.
I asked the guy in El Molar, and he said that they come from (like you said) alloy wheel trade in's, also when cars have been in accidents and written off but the tyres are OK etc etc.

They look new honestly, and a male friend has checked them over and said they are fine.
Thanks again William.

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Ah forgot about the German Market very true, and the fact that your man knows there history then fairy snuff, but as with everything buyer beware  Undecided

IP Logged

tutuki
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
  Winkthats usefull information about nearly new tyres Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top