Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 FLIES........... (Read 8220 times)
Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

FLIES...........
Jul 3rd, 2008 at 10:55am
Print Post  
What,in gods name,is the purpose of flies....
5 fly traps,all strategically placed to form a necklace of death around our place.Over 10,000 killed to date (trust me,I've counted the bu$$ers) and still it makes no difference.A 3 course meal lasts about 15 seconds outside before the white flag of surrender is hoisted and we retreat gracefully in doors.Apart from Napalm and Agent orange has anyone any ideas.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: FLIES...........
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Eat later? They disappear in the evenings when it starts getting dark..
Oh, and then of course out come the mosca negre followed by the mosquitos... ah bliss....

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Yes,I'd thought of that.........but as you say,it's the seamless shift changeover from the flies to the mossy negros.We'll end up with legs like a relief map of Polynesia.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Make yourself an outdoor gazebo/eating area with removable fly screen windows, or you could go quick and dirty with a E17 basic pergola, [E135/280 for a nice one] at Pla, Generalitat 15/23, flyscreen is very cheap, the end result, bliss.

I got sick of being attacked by Mosca Negra as I watered my garden in the evening, but discovered they do not like plants sprayed with Neem oil extract, it  also puts off caterpillars and other pesky insects.

IP Logged

authorannie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Where can you get this oil extract?  Sounds like a plan!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
Where can you get this oil extract?  Sounds like a plan!

Good garden centers ... having said that I cannot for the life of me remember which one I got mine from, possibly El Mola at L'Ampolla who have a good selection of potions and lotions. If anybody else has found another decent garden center here, please post the details. Look for "Extracto de Neem" on the label, although some do not tell you as they prefer to hide the secret....

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
.......so, just to recap, we get flies through the day, and, as they go, the black flies come out- ( but briefly with us both at the same time). Swiftly followed by the moths , fling ants, some sort of glow worm moth, B52 bombers - cleverly camouflaged  as a flying beetle, and generally anything else that can make your life a misery!  Now, - we are here to open a naturist holiday resort, so this is going to be a "mission impossible" situation, so, taking a lead from that splendid chap Jeremy Clarkson, i have come up with a really clever idea. We are now going to open as a "Deep-sea diving, and Deep River diving" resort. This ensures that our guests will get up in the morning and immediately put on their wet suits (complete with facemask, snorkle and flippers, of course), and keep them on all day. Fantastic!. A 3mm thick neoprene barrier! Thus they will never be bothered about the million and one flies etc that are trying to get at them. Perfect solution i think! It's this or perhaps moving to somewhere fly-less. Any ideas?

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Hi Chris
Have sent you a PM
Tony

IP Logged

stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I was down at the costa blanca recently and found a super machine that catches the little blighters and kills them. If you want information on this, send me a PM.

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks Tony, yes the sign in name is still corazon. Can't P.M. you as not enough posts. P.M. me your contact number,and we will meet up. Chris.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
At the risk of upsetting the female readers of this forum, has anyone noticed that mosca is a feminine noun.  How appropriate - never leave you alone, just keep on and on and on .

Now that will bring in some comments !!

IP Logged

authorannie
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
You're living dangerously!  You'll now start off a war between the moderators!

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Well, believe me it's MUCH worse than that.. for example (get out your diccionaries):

ZORRO : Crafty person
ZORRA : Puta .

PERRO : Mans best friend
PERRA : Puta

GALLO:  Be well thought of
GALLINA: Puta

LOBO: Mamífero predador rapaz y feroz. Hombre experimentado y agresivo.
LOBA : Puta.

CUALQUIER: Fulanito, Mengano, Zutano.
CUALQUIERA : Puta.

REGALADO : Adjetivo; participio del verbo regalar.
REGALADA : Puta

CALLEJERO: De la calle, urbano.
CALLEJERA : Puta.

HOMBREZUELO : Hombrecillo, varón, mínimo, pequeñito.
MUJERZUELA : Puta .

HOMBRE PÚBLICO : Personaje prominente.
MUJER PÚBLICA: Puta .

HOMBRE QUE VENDE SUS SERVICIOS: Consultor
MUJER QUE VENDE SUS SERVICIOS : Puta

IP Logged

authorannie
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Ok!  Got my diccionario out, I'll give you the first 2 (maybe) but gallina - puta?  I think I prefer my one, gallina - coward!!!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Nobrot

We used the red top flybags last year we put up 20 bags and we were inundated with the little buggers, mind you we also had 20 tonnes of chicken shit, which we have now dug into the veg plot.

This year we haven't put any fly bags and we have hardly had any flies, which goes to show the smell of those revolting bags attracts them from miles around,

So you must have  everyone else's share of the little blighters

Ditch the bags and save your money

Hazelnut

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top