Don't blame me! I only had 4 tins of beans 5 artichokes and 6 tins of Estrella

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Re: Windy Weather
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Hazelnut,
            I have noticed today that you have made comments on ten different topics + on the forum in two days, do your fingers hurt punching the keys, suffer from insomnia, or do you just want to reach 100 so that you can send PM's?? No intention to upset is meant.
                                                     Nelson.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Yes! I have also noticed that Mr Hazlenut has been extremely active forum wise since the 15th,is it indeed a wind problem or do you have a cunning plan?
Cheesy

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I think its more of a gas problem, if we could can it we would make a fortune on the open market!
                         Nelson.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Sorry Old Nelson You win the guessing prize, If they have such a daft rule as 100 posts then so be it, you must go with  the rules even if you think its daft, Not far off now!!

But then have you noticed how many people read each post? and then how many reply?

Is it me or don't many Ex pats have any opinions!!! ooohh that will get things going!!
Or more likely it won't!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Anyway Old Nelson and Ebrorob, Kettle calling pan black, you must have counted or read the posts or replies, so you are both as much insomniacs as I

Stuuie

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Anyway I think someone has rumbled me my posts and replies have stopped at 76 Bummer

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
No Sorry gone to 77 see how daft it is

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
If reaching 100 posts with your replies to everything and anything was your intention Stuart, I think that you have been playing a pretty childish game, and I have never thought of you in that context !!  What you have done is block up the 10 latest posts screen on occasions so that other members are unable to see whether there were any worthwhile topics being posted prior to your replies, without going into every subject area on which you have made a posting.  I am not saying that your replies have not been worthwhile, just that they could have been spread out a bit more in order to prevent a blockage of the system
Now, as a moderator, I am sure that my opinion will get some of the member's backs up, so watch out for the flak, Tony.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
then dont do last 10 posted but look at the the messages not read...........easy
sorry was i butting in

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Butt in any time cactus jack, its not me that set the 100 rule, anyway let anyone say that I haven't responded, in a constructive manner, I could have said, yes I agree, or no I don't, to every topic on the forum, as it is I have had a constructive comment to make against each subject

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
then dont do last 10 posted but look at the the messages not read...........easy
sorry was i butting in

Maybe I am thick, but can you tell me where the button is for unread posts, because I cannot find it, or maybe as a moderator I don't get one.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #12 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
If they have such a daft rule as 100 posts then so be it, you must go with  the rules even if you think its daft, Not far off now!!

Why the huge desire for PM's? Do people want to get there so they can start pm'ing every member with spam?  What's the big deal? If you have something to say then why not post it - that way everyone has the oportunity to rip it to shreds (mentioning no specific names!)

PM's were changed for several reasons;
1. Promote more posting on the forum to keep it interesting and fresh
2. Stop unsolicited traffic from people who joined simply to be able to send unsolicited messages
3. Stop the forum being reduced to a private 'email' system (which is effectively what pm's are), which serves no purpose

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #13 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Hi Nigel
Surely the idea of PM's are so that we can contact people privately that we dont have telephone numbers for.
I put my telephone number on a post and ended up with loads of silly phone calls that I didnt want.
I would rather tell someone privately that I am going back to UK next wednesday week 'shall I pick it up for you" than announce that my place is empty for 2 weeks to all and sundry.
PM's are very useful and convenient and obviously cheaper than telephoning (if you have their number) all from over the world, and 100 posts before I can use them does seem a bit excessive and unreasonable.
One post nearer.
Keep up the good work
Cheers Steve
PS Is it windy, are my turbines charging?

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 8:27am
Print Post  
See I told you my beans and estrella would help, it got all the way over to your side of the river , but the smell isn't me! its either pig muck or chicken poo Stuart

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top