Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Generator fire closes nuclear plant (Read 8626 times)
El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Generator fire closes nuclear plant
Aug 25th, 2008 at 11:45am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Re: Generator fire closes nuclear plant
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Quote:

Is the plant re-opened? What damaged was done to the environment, our water system? Or have they just glossed over the after affects-again...?

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
The article end with:

"Latest reports indicate that the facility will remain out of action for several weeks"

Of course it is guessing what the real damage is, but I always get a little bit nervous reading this kind of news about nuclear facilities. My finca is about in the middle of the two nucelar power plants in the area. And there are a lot of incidents lately with this plants: http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_17210.shtml

Mark

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The article end with:

"Latest reports indicate that the facility will remain out of action for several weeks"

Of course it is guessing what the real damage is, but I always get a little bit nervous reading this kind of news about nuclear facilities. My finca is about in the middle of the two nucelar power plants in the area. And there are a lot of incidents lately with this plants: http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_17210.shtml

Mark

Mark
Hoe erg! Dank u heel veel voor de informatie.

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Hi Ebrovoice,

Your Dutch is impressive! I did found another artikel on Yahoo that says about the vandellòs Power plant:

"in 2006 the nuclear plant was slapped with a fine of 1.6 million euros (2.4 million dollars) due to deficiencies in communication, monitoring and repair of corrosion in pipes that carry seawater to the plant to cool the reactor."

A bit shocking isn't it?. Read the artikel on: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080824/wl_afp/spainfirenuclearenergy

Mark

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mark,
I think my written is better than the spoken where I often confuse Dutch, German, Afrikaans and Flemish.
You are Dutch aren-t you? Otherwise I apologize.

That article is quite quite scary1 So 2010 whenthe licence becomes renewable or expires. I don't think so! Have you seen all teh expansion goign on around there. However, it does strike me with amusement when someone takes a lovely holiday beach photograph and writes ont eh Postcard, "Wish you were here" adn you ahvea nuclear, leaky power station in the background.

Thanks for taking the time to send me those news articles links.

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Nie te bekkommer Mark and Rosie, alles is goed.  Wink

The article was sparked by Greenpeace causing the alarm. They are keeping an ever vigilant eye on the two sites for us. They are managed by the same company and it appears Greenpeace thinks they are no good. Never mind, Zapatero intends to close down many nuclear facilities in Spain.

He obviously realises things are tooooo relaxed in Spain to do serious stuff like manage a Nuclear Generator, so he will just import more electricity from France (nuclear generated mind). Spain imports about 20% of its electricity. Oh yes, they will also try increase renewable energy like wind etc...

The new expansion going on next to the Hospitalet nuclear site is the desalination plant which will provide domestic water for Tarragona.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
The new expansion going on next to the Hospitalet nuclear site is the desalination plant which will provide domestic water for Tarragona.

Is that the work that they seem to have just started recently? 

The new Vandellos CCGT plant that was completed last year is a gas fired power station.
Details of it are here: http://www.power-technology.com/projects/planadelvent/

Nigel

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Not sure, there is another desalination plant nearer to Barcelona due for completion soon - hopefully that will keep their hands off the Ebro...

Does anyone know if the new road they are building past Vandellos is for the A7 or for the national road??

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
I asked and was told by the locals it was for the N340, but this is not an official reply....
wait and see, was the second reply!

IP Logged

authorannie
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Don't know if it's the same road, but an article in the current issue of "Caminos" mentions the A-7 Autovia is being constructed as an alternative to the current N340.  Miami Platja have plans to turn the current main road into "an urbane avenue with cycle paths and car parks" in April or May 2009

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
I understood that this was the junction where the A7 would join the N340.
So everyone hears different things !!

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Who knows - it may just be for the camel trail from Africa....

IP Logged

Urs
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 11:11am
Print Post  
...what I saw and heared about this third road:
The A7 is actually under constraction - from Tarragona down to El Perelló - from Hospitalet the A7 will follow the old Via Augusta. That means: crossing the mountains near Vandellos II. Then it turns rigt and makes a bow behind Las Tres Calas. At least the road connects the N340 between l'Ametlla de mar and El Perelló.

Does anyone can publish a link about this project? I'd like to know what happens further south with this road or if there are plans to enlarge the N340... very, very close of my sweet place

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Sure can do. But which village or town is your Home Sweet Home?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top