Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Water tax on Wells, Bore Holesand Pothos (Read 4191 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Water tax on Wells, Bore Holesand Pothos
Sep 4th, 2008 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Hi All

GOM here again! 

Has anyone else got a well, bore hole, or potho for their water supply?

Well if you have this is the next tax the Catalan Government has dreamed up!!

We have an 80 metre bore hole, a water pump and a balsa to store the water for irrigating the land
We had a visit today from the Generalitat de Aigua, to inspect our well and the quality of the water!

Or so we initially thought from the phone call!!

It was in fact a visit to inform us that we will have to have a water meter fitted to measure what we use, so that they can charge us for the water!

I don't mind that we should be expected to pay for the water we use, as all the town houses have water meters and if you use agricultural water from the water channel I believe its about €2.50 per hour for water usage.

But the original cost of  drilling the well, putting in the sleeve then the water pump and the electricity supply plus the piping can cost between €12000 to 20000 dependent on how far you have to bring the electricity.

If they are going to start charging for our water, what about the infrastructure, are the Generalitat going to maintain the pump, what about the initial cost of installation are they going to pay us a rebate for that?

What rubs salt in the wound is that we will have to pay for the water meter as well!!

Does Fecsa charge you for the electricity meter? I don't think So

Is It Meee

Or has someone not done their sums!!

Sounds Like someone in the Catalunya Government has been speaking to Gordon Brown

Any comments willingly accepted
Stuart GOM

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Water tax on Wells, Bore Holesand Pothos
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
It's a legal requirement that all boreholes are registered and have a water meter fitted.  You are allowed a certain amount 'free' and if your use is excessive then you pay for the difference. 

From what I remember when I spoke the the inspector, it is some rediculously huge amount of water that you are allowed, and unless you have your pump running 7 days a week, 12 hours a day you're unlikely to use it.

Nigel

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Nigel

Thanks for that reassurance we will wait in anticipation on our first meter reading, and hopefully there will be no bill, but it still begs the question, why do we have to pay for the meter, electricity meters are free!

Regards Stuart

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Nigel
I Have done a bit more research, we are apparently allowed 7000 m3 per annum, 1 cubic meter = 1000 litres so we can get 7,000,000 litres per year, 19,000 litres per day.
So we can flush the toilet 3000 times a day, have a bath 63 times a day (its a big Bath)
Fill the plunge pool 4.75 times a day

So All in all a lot of water then, we will see when the meter arrives and what comes next

But they still didn't tell us what amount we would be charged for.

And what we would pay per litre

Would we pay for any of the 7000 m3 or would we pay after that amount?

It would be great if they provided a leaflet setting out the charges

Hope this helps anyone else in the same predicament

Stuart

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top