Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Guardia checking Car Details (Read 6956 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Guardia checking Car Details
Nov 6th, 2008 at 10:05am
Print Post  
For the last 2 days now there have been check points on the C12 between Tortosa and Xerta large guardia Van two uniformed Officers and two clip board wielders, they are checking for illegal cars, no insurance, no ITVs in fact all documentation, so if you are not legal beware, they seem to be tightening up!

IP Logged

authorannie
Ex Member

Re: Guardia checking Car Details
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Actually it appears that they are doing a census on travel, the police are only directing the traffic in, however, surely people shouldn't be worried?  The only worry is whether you are carrying your documents with you, as legally obliged to do.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
About time too. It is disgusting that people think that because they are in a different country that they dont need to abide by the law.
No insurance is one of the most dispicable crimes that there is on the road.
And no MOT means that your insurance is invalid. Also no Road Tax will affect any claim that you may have to make.
If you cant afford insurance MOT tax buy a pedal bike.
4That is my rant for day.
Cry

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Have we all got Spanish driving licenses then?
Been here more than 6 months?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
About time too. It is disgusting that people think that because they are in a different country that they dont need to abide by the law.
No insurance is one of the most dispicable crimes that there is on the road.
And no MOT means that your insurance is invalid. Also no Road Tax will affect any claim that you may have to make.
If you cant afford insurance MOT tax buy a pedal bike.
4That is my rant for day.
Cry

ps I totally agree on this prickly subject CJ

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
Have we all got Spanish driving licenses then?
Been here more than 6 months?

personnally no and my vehicles are returned to uk for MOT's

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 12:04am
Print Post  
As far as I understand it you don't have to have a spanish licence. You can keep your UK(it's an EU Licence anyway) licence if you prefer but it must be registered with the Spanish equivalent of the DVLA. Also if you are on a UK licence you still need to have a medical certificate just as you do with the Spanish licences. I was arranging my sons motorbike licence recently and enquired about the cost of changing my licence and was told it would be about 50 euros.
And finally the Agentes Rurals were in the area recently checking out abandoned(none working) vehicles on fincas. It seems it is an offence to keep these on your land.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Funny thing.  I commented to the other half when we were in Sabeco the other morning about the number of English registered vehicles in the car park, and that I would not be at all surprised if the police didn't start checking on them before too long.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
"As far as I understand it you don't have to have a spanish licence. You can keep your UK(it's an EU Licence anyway) licence if you prefer but it must be registered with the Spanish equivalent of the DVLA."

.....presumably this is at the Trafico in Taragona ??????

Also if you are on a UK licence you still need to have a medical certificate just as you do with the Spanish licences......

.....hmmm:   where do we go for this?      

It's a bit like   'did you know'   you need a Cedula de Habitadidad to be legal.  We all have one don't we?   Do we?

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Medical certificate with Spanish licences?

When we changed over to Spanish licences via a gestor we enquired about whether we needed medical certificates and we were informed they are only required when you are 65 or over.

Everyone you speak to gives you a different story.....

IP Logged

AgentX
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Increase in number of road checks may be because the 'Mossos d'Esquadra' are now finally policing the whole of Catalonia.

The Terres de l'Ebre was one of the last areas where they didn't have 'full coverage' as it were.

So I'm sure they will all be terribly keen and eager to show how efficient they are - best make sure you have your documentation with you!

AgentX

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Medical certificates are required when you change over your licence every 10 years, so the Spanish have informed me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top