Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
 25 Flies (Read 38000 times)
Tony
Ex Member

Re: Flies
Reply #60 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
Sounds like the dreaded Mosca negra or black flies.They put wifey in hospital 2 years ago for a very large 'JAB'.
The male aren't a problem...it's the females that take your blood.....does the story sound familiar
The females then buggar off to the river and lay their eggs.

Not only is it the female that gives the worst bite but have you noticed that it is also the ladies who seem to suffer most from it with bad swellings, blisters etc that last for days and need antihistamine treatment ?
Most men just seem to get an irritation that lasts for approx an hour.

I have noticed that if I use Betadine Gel, availble from the chemist, on the bite when I notice it that the irritation is reduced quite considerably.

IP Logged

Harvo
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
I googled 'mosca negra'.... and got this:
http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/photoplog/index.php?u=62&page=8

Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #62 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Hey Man Thanks for the Link .....Groovy yeah Smiley Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Well members of the jury......It doesn't seem to work around here either,in fact they seem to getting worse ( I can hardy se the kyboard throgh the swrm )
About as useful as Anne Franks drum kit.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Steve,Where the hell are you now.You are supposed to be in a lap dancing bar in Las Vegas or somewhere aren't you ?????

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #65 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
HI I am back, couldnt stay, missed my cactusses too much Smiley
there are no flies in vegas, why is that you may ask.
Its because the lady has been selling her spray over there as well Exclaim Questioning Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
We have just got 5 new recruits to our troup of fly catchers, but I am finding it difficult to train them to pick flies off us and the table when there are three cats underneath !!

rsz_swallows_2009_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Well weve tried just about everything, from spraying the whole of the house outside, to foul smelling fly traps, they seem to be imune to fly spray, i'm sure they open their wings when we spray them, they seem to enjoy it.
So this is our last resort, ill pin it on the front door, that'll stop the little buggers.
                                  Terry.

IMG_0002.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Hey Terry,
Your Poster seems to work.Put it on my front door yesterday & hey presto,no flies!  (or could it just have been down to the normal hurricane blowing outside?)   Undecided

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Dont forget I thought of it first, THINKS!!!!!!! maybe I can make some money here.Ha! Ha!.
                                    Terry.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Well Done Santsalvador Take out a patent !! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well its just as likely to work as that spray stuff No Flies are selling!! Grin Grin Grin

So why not book yourself a stall at the next Booty and print of 50 or so!! Roll Eyes

Tell them its extra special patented ink you put in your printer, ecological produced out of supernatural ingredients and you have to put your fly poster up at the first full moon at midnight, then run round your property three times anticlockwise peeing at each corner standing on one leg

Which incidentally would also be just as effective!! Grin Grin

IP Logged

ginestargal
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:03am
Print Post  
I have to agree Hazelnut, I was just thinking how quiet No Flies has gone, but then someone that cant even acknowledge a simple email certainly wont want to own up that they were trying to con us all with outlandish claims! do I sound angry, well yes I am for all those poor folks that spent on that money on a product that is a complete waste of time, when there money would have been better spent elsewhere!

IP Logged

No_Flies_on_Us
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Well - each to his own! I have had such a good report from people in areas like L'Ampolla, Flix, L'Ametlla, Mora etc. that I have been inundated with orders. I appologise to the lady in Ginestar for not getting back to her yet but been extremely busy. I will though!  Smiley

You can continue debating ...... enjoy your fly filled summer   Cheesy  Roll Eyes  Wink

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Well good luck with your business, it must only be the Tortosa area where it doesn't seem to work! Roll Eyes

and as for our flies, we don't seem to have it bad this year thanks, may be due to our neighbours not spreading Chicken manure on their land!!

IP Logged

james@jpt
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
If it worked it would be worth millions and someone, lets say Dulux would buy the rights etc, sell and market the stuff globally, again if it worked.  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Its ashame that none of these Happy customers are forum members to help fight your corner. We'll have to take your word on that then.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top