25 Flies (Read 38037 times)
cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: Flies
Reply #75 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
I think the stuff works so well in L'Ampolla, Flix, L'Ametlla, Mora etc. that it has sent all their flies over to us in Tortosa area Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
I dont think it would be such a good investment for a company like 'Dulux', as it obviously doesn't work very well where there are large concentrations of pig or chicken farms.

Therefore I suppose rural fincas around Benifallet, Tivenys, Bitem, Xerta and especially Aldover will be infested with flies, and like somebody said on here earlier, if neighbouring land owners use chicken or pig manure, which is apparently illegal but still widely used, you dont have a hope in hell of getting rid of the flies!!!!!!!! Undecided Undecided

I still stand by my original post that there has been an improvement, BUT, I live in a village and my garden/patio is completely tiled, just sat outside after coming in from work for half an hour with a glass of wine to unwind, and wasn't bothered by flies.

We were at our caravan at Torre del Sol near Cambrills at the weekend, and even with the awning windows and doors wide open, we were pestered by the grand total of 5 flies, which is probably less than an average Summer day in the UK.

Oh well, I suppose the end result is that everyone knows where and what flies go for, begins with an S, but ........... Grin Grin Grin

I'm beginning to like these silly face things, great are'nt they..............................LOL

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Jun 27th, 2009 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
We have been trying the "sin mosca"  liquid out now for a month with no visible effects.  We are not inundated with flies, but they are no different in the sprayed area than out of it. We did two seperate areas, one in the pergola next to the house where we eat, and one in the summer house further up the garden. Neither is any different. We sprayed very thoroughly in all areas.
We live in Tivenys, there are trees about, but we are not up any mountain, maybe the answer is to cut all trees down, then spray..!!
We had the liquid bought for us as a present, and the lady who makes and sells the stuff knows where we live....there was no mention when she sold it to our friends that "it doesn't work in Tivenys etc..." maybe the label needs to have some further instruction...??

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Jun 28th, 2009 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah

Netting off is the only solution or getting your neighbours to stop spraying pig and chicken slurry on their land, which incidently is illegal, if they spray manure it has to be turned into the soil immediately which non of them do of course!! Roll Eyes

Hmm I done some research on this illegal spraying of manure and slurry, I could bore you with it complexities but suffice to say the European Legislation is complex affects different locations in different ways requires certain good practices to be employed when local conditions and balances are met.

To say manure has to be turned into the soil immediately would be correct in only a small occurences when local conditions , climate, time of year , soil type, chemical compostion of soil would pose risk to health and flora/fauna and water contamination.

The EU regulations focus on reducing over fertilzation, correct safe storage of slurry/manure and its best application to prevent pollution to flora fauna and water table contamination, therefore as we all know there is a law for just about everything in the EU but its loaded with caveats

They emphasis is on education of farmers getting the balance right for sustainable farming and helping the farmers avoid costly civil proceedings  when the storage and spreading of slurry and manure  goes wrong and has environmental repercussions .

So I very much doubt  that our Spanish Farmers are breaking EU laws.  Smiley

By the way during my research it became very apparent that the Lawmakers  were working closely with farmers to get this right as there has been a European if not worldwide return to utilising manure and slurry as it is a lot cheaper than man made fertilizer . Bringing  technoglogy together with manure and slurry isnt as simple as you would think Grin

PS I didnt find any mention of flies in the papers I researched

HtH WoO.

IP Logged

ginestargal
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 1:46am
Print Post  
well hi sorry about bringing up flies again but thought i would update everyone, Charlotte from "sin mosca"  came to spray around our casa for free as she said she would and she did say when she came that it probably wouldnt be 100 per cent effective as our place is still a bit like a building site - not bad but a heap of sand etc but she said  Shocked it would improve the fly situation dramatically. Any how I have to say sorry Charlotte the only effect it seemed to have was to encourage more flies, we actually did seem to have far more flies after the four days than ever before and it was even commented on by neighbours, so my advise is listen to peoples actual experiences before parting with your money, but as i stated before the after bite spray did work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top