Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Planting orange and lemon trees (Read 3310 times)
Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Planting orange and lemon trees
Apr 13th, 2009 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
We have a flatish hectare below Mont Caro with olives, carrobs, almonds and figs but we would like to have a couple of orange and lemon trees. The soil is mainly thin and stoney so would it be practical to grow them in large, raised containers ( I'm thinking one metre square made from our endless supply of stone) or is it too cold to grow citrus so near to the moutains? We are not looking for a major crop more for the satisfaction of going outside our own front door and picking an orange or lemon.
Hen_Fox

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Re: Planting orange and lemon trees
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Tony of Finca Ninfas is the man to answer this. He lives near Alfaras and right in the ELsPorts natural park by the mountains. He has a wonderful citrus grove!

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info. We look forward to growing some when we come out permanently-hopefully at the end of the summer!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Hi
Give me a ring, send me a PM or email when you are coming out and we'll arrange for you to come around and discuss.  You can then compare my ground with yours, ask problems etc.  I don't see why you shouldn't be able to grow them under Mont Caro.
Tony

Edited - Tony

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi
Give me a ring, send me a PM or email when you are coming out and we'll arrange for you to come around and discuss.  You can then compare my ground with yours, ask problems etc.  I don't see why you shouldn't be able to grow them under Mont Caro.
Tony

Edited - Tony

Maybe you could sell him a bag or two to sample.Heheheheh. I hope you didn't mind me name dropping.

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Hi, Can't seem to reply by pm or email. we are flying out on the 6th May so will contact you nearer the time to arrange to meet. Many thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top