Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 protest against windmillparks in Terra Alta (Read 9690 times)
Debbie
Ex Member

Re: protest against windmillparks in Terra Alta
Reply #15 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Iris
When you first posted your request that we oppose to the wind farm I chose not to do so for various reasons, the main being we do not live in Spain (so I feel it is not my place to do anything) but we are very frequent visitors to this region but also on turning up to our little casita I do appreciate that fact that I can turn on the lights, make myself a cuppa etc without having to try and provide my own power supply so I welcome the windfarms plus when I look out towards Tortosa I marvel at the sight of all the turbines.
But these are my personal opinions and there will be many that oppose them and some that may agree but we need all opinions to make it a interesting forum so please do not leave the forum because of the negative replies that you feel you have received.
Debbie

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks Debbie

I didn't think I was being to harsh!! but then I am a grumpy old git well at least according to Hazel

I was only stating my own personal opinions to which everyone is allowed Lips Sealed Aren't they

I was surprised that Iris got so upset about someone disagreeing with her/his point of view

Did they expect everyone to agree with them ?

Some people come to Spain as a do a lot of Townies moving to the countryside! they  buy a property then find out that Rural life though initially idillic, turns somewhat sour, they then find out that their neighbours dump Pig and Chicken manure on their land at regular intervals causing some awfull stinks, the hunters are allowed to roam and shoot at will or robin or jack sparrow, they are woken by the local Cockrel who doesn't stop at 6:00am but carries on till 11;00am, the chain saws and Olive sprayers also start early in the morning hunting dogs roam free after their hunters have lost them and terrorise your cats, the flies come with regular predictability around May Time and stick around till the swallows go back to Africa, the church bells chime on every quarter hour 24/7 and they want to change things!!

But if you move onto the Campo that is what you should Accept its no point trying to change things!! you are the outsider!!

The Locals who have previously been denied electricity or are on a very low wattage suddenly come into the 21st century and are offered light and power even in remote areas

My point was that there will be a few objectors to the wind farms usually people who have a pylon on their land or the windmill itself or end up with a new view of elecricity pylons!! but the majority benefit

So in theory if people sign a petition against the windfarms they should in now way be more representative than the people that benefit from the electricty!!

That is apart from the townies that don't want the windmills or the pylons spoiling thier view

I think its called progress!!

Anyway its no point throwing your toys out of the pram Just because someone disagrees with your point of view

G.O.M.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks Debbie

I didn't think I was being to harsh!! but then I am a grumpy old git well at least according to Hazel

I was only stating my own personal opinions to which everyone is allowed Lips Sealed Aren't they

I was surprised that Iris got so upset about someone disagreeing with her/his point of view

Did they expect everyone to agree with them ?

Some people come to Spain as a do a lot of Townies moving to the countryside! they  buy a property then find out that Rural life though initially idillic, turns somewhat sour, they then find out that their neighbours dump Pig and Chicken manure on their land at regular intervals causing some awfull stinks, the hunters are allowed to roam and shoot at will or robin or jack sparrow, they are woken by the local Cockrel who doesn't stop at 6:00am but carries on till 11;00am, the chain saws and Olive sprayers also start early in the morning hunting dogs roam free after their hunters have lost them and terrorise your cats, the flies come with regular predictability around May Time and stick around till the swallows go back to Africa, the church bells chime on every quarter hour 24/7 and they want to change things!!

But if you move onto the Campo that is what you should Accept its no point trying to change things!! you are the outsider!!

The Locals who have previously been denied electricity or are on a very low wattage suddenly come into the 21st century and are offered light and power even in remote areas

My point was that there will be a few objectors to the wind farms usually people who have a pylon on their land or the windmill itself or end up with a new view of elecricity pylons!! but the majority benefit

So in theory if people sign a petition against the windfarms they should in now way be more representative than the people that benefit from the electricty!!

That is apart from the townies that don't want the windmills or the pylons spoiling thier view

I think its called progress!!

Anyway its no point throwing your toys out of the pram Just because someone disagrees with your point of view

G.O.M.

well said hazelnut  Smiley

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks Debbie

G.O.M.

Not if you're a moderator !!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 1st, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I disagree Tony!

Moderators are just as entitled to their opinions as everyone else!!

Unless they break these rules :-

Nigel

You agree, through your use of 'The Tortosa Forum', that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
I only just noticed this topic and was wondering how the wind farm is progressing and what area it will eventually cover?

I agree this is an important topic to raise, whatever your views. Did Iris re-join the forum? I hope so, he/she seemed quite hurt by some of the comments.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top