Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Does anyone ever eat out? (Read 5719 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Does anyone ever eat out?
May 3rd, 2009 at 7:29pm
Print Post  

What is your favourite restaurant? Or do you want to keep it to yourself?

What is the worst eating out experience you have ever had? will you share that?

Will anyone bother to answer? possibly not!!

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Re: Does anyone ever eat out?
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2009 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:

What is your favourite restaurant? Or do you want to keep it to yourself?

What is the worst eating out experience you have ever had? will you share that?

Will anyone bother to answer? possibly not!!

Yes
"LO XIRINGUITO" BENIFALLET TEL. 977462002 and Angel @ Pinell de Brai
No
El Prat airport.
Yes
Yes
Why not?

IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2009 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I'm open to offers!
we don't eat out because Al has always been a picky eater - we did manage a sunday roast at the station bar
today which was very nice - but eating out is not his thing so i have to put up and suffer!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2009 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Hi Haze and Alan

Well at least we know that you had a good sunday roast at Bar Estacion in Ampolla Smiley

And it suited the british no fuss plain food but good quality criteria Smiley

Must admit we do go from time to time on a Friday night for good old Fish and chips with mushy peas, we do miss certain things!! Roll Eyes

At least its another review for newcommers coming into the area that want traditional english style food, but I also think they do a Curry night which we may try soon!!

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2009 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Haze and Alan

Well at least we know that you had a good sunday roast at Bar Estacion in Ampolla Smiley

Must admit we do go from time to time on a Friday night for good old Fish and chips with mushy peas, we do miss certain things!! Roll Eyes

At least its another review for newcommers coming into the area that want traditional english style food, but I also think they do a Curry night which we may try soon!!

G.O.M. Is it proper fish, not those frozen slices? Hopefully it is good local fresh fish. What time do they open on an evening? Be interested to see whether the curry musters your high level of cuisine approval.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 4th, 2009 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Haze and Alan

G.O.M. Is it proper fish, not those frozen slices? Hopefully it is good local fresh fish. What time do they open on an evening? Be interested to see whether the curry musters your high level of cuisine approval.

Yes Its proper fish not shaped like a triangle, they open at 7:30 for Fish and Chips a good Hour before the local restaurants, I haven't tried the curry yet!! but I will go, if only to prove its not Like the cr@p that got served up as real curry at a famous Indian, sorry Pakistani restaurant in a certain local town

And my cuisine standards are reasonable!! not high, even though I used to get excellent curries in  Leeds and Bradford, its may be that some peoples expectations are too LOW!!

Oh and by the way Rosey !! you walk in and believe it or not someone greets you and says hello and what would you like within Minutes of arriving unlike other bars I have been in where the staff continue to talk amongst themselves till they deem their conversation is over and nothing else better to do than serve a paying customer Angry

Yep you actually get real service! and surprise surprise people go back!! for more of the same

G.O.M.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #6 - May 4th, 2009 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
This is obviously the Michelin rated five star Greasy Spoon that I have been searching for, it has such following and great reports it has got to be worth a trip to see if it's true!

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2009 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Well if it pleases our local G:O:M it has to be worth a trip. Besides you have been spoiled living in reach of those wonderful curry haunts of Leeds and Bradford. I can but name a few. Mind you, him indoors misses the old local village Chinese curry. Not bad when you think about a small moorside village supporting 2 Indian Eateries, one Thai upper crust restaurant, 1 normal Chinese takeaway and one Mandarin takeaway, posh Italian restaurant and 2 fish and chips shops and the normal sprawl of pubs and private clubs, only one Corner shop left enterprisingly run by the culture whose identity is fame don "a land of shop keepers".

to get back to the point : has anyone eaten at any of the Asian(Chinese) restaurants in Amposta?

Roast pork tonight sounds kind of boring after thinking about other cultures fine cuisine.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 5th, 2009 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Hi
I can personally recommend Can Marios restaurant in Mas de Barberans. The menu del dia has been consistently good every time we have visited(very spanish/catalan though so don't expect fish n chips!). Also there is a restaurant opposite the church in Uldecona that does the best Tbone steaks I have had since I was a child(also in Spain when I think about it). I have been to both places many times and will again.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top