Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Freedom of speech (Read 4000 times)
james@JPT
Ex Member

Freedom of speech
Jun 12th, 2009 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
I'm new to this forum and it seems that people on here don't like new people posting.

Why???

I have made a few small non offensive, friendly posts and people just want to have a go or make comments making me feel very unwelcome for no reason. Its things like this that visitors read and don't joint. I'm just trying to be friendly and make conversation. That what people do on forums isn't it?? The forum is dead at the moment, so to me being a new member making an effort should be a positive thing. It looks like you cant say anything because if you do its wrong or incorrect to do so. I use other expat forums and there is loads of friendly banter, usefull or not, on any subject all the time.  

Why be so petty??

Rant over............................................. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2009 at 7:45pm by »  

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Re: Freedom of speech
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
james its only the few  Angry some think they know it all  Grintake no notice just give back what you get or if you dont like what someone says or dose TELL THEM i do  Cool

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Hi James
Welcome to the forum. I second what Nen says. It's only the odd few that carry out the attacks. You post what you like when you like (of course abiding by our lord and master Nigel's rules). Smiley

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Hi James

Its not that we don't appreciate new people on the forum anything but, but when new people come onto th forum and with the first five posts try to advertise a business, then we get  a bit suspicious!!

There are one or two people who have a go, but normally its only on the advertising front!!

I think if nigel would let us all know who would be potential advertisers  but haven't yet made their adverts all this bitchin would dissapear!!

So don't blame the people blame the system!!

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the forum organiser

We are only trying to keep up the forum rules, stupid aren't wee!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

But that is why you probably got a rough reception

I apoligise on my part after finding out from nigel that you will be officially advertising

But it wasn't obvious initially and how was I to Know!!

So sorrrryyyy and welcome to the forum

IP Logged

sujay
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 7:50am
Print Post  
James
There doesn't seem to be much LIVE AND LET LIVE attitude about here,- probably think your 007 Live and Let Die,
Anyway a piece from the heart instead of a piece from the mind Good Luck in your venture

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 9:37am
Print Post  
james
i just think ur a grumpy git
wheres my flour
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
self raising please

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 9:46am
Print Post  
oh and good luck from suejay in your venture
that must be good as u cant beat the luck of the irish Wink

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi James

Its not that we don't appreciate new people on the forum anything but, but when new people come onto th forum and with the first five posts try to advertise a business, then we get  a bit suspicious!!

There are one or two people who have a go, but normally its only on the advertising front!!

I think if nigel would let us all know who would be potential advertisers  but haven't yet made their adverts all this bitchin would dissapear!!

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the forum organiserWe are only trying to keep up the forum rules, stupid aren't wee!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I apoligise on my part after finding out from nigel that you will be officially advertising

You can't shoot Nigel its not in the Rules!  Cry

IP Logged

james@JPT
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Hi James

Its not that we don't appreciate new people on the forum anything but, but when new people come onto th forum and with the first five posts try to advertise a business, then we get  a bit suspicious!!

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the forum organiserWe are only trying to keep up the forum rules, stupid aren't wee!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You can't shoot Nigel its not in the Rules!  Cry

Grin Grin LOL  Grin Grin

Quote:
Hi James

No need for you to say sorry. You haven't said anything to upset me at all, if anything very friendly. Wink Wink Wink Cool Cool Cool

Just a very small minded few but no need to name and shame!! lol

IP Logged

james@JPT
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
james
i just think ur a grumpy git
wheres my flour
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
self raising please

Still at Bookers C&C, so you will just have to wait a little longer my happy helper!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Wink Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top